To provide medical expertise and oversight of care that is being provided through the Memorial Hermann Healthcare System. The physician is expected to exercise the highest level of expertise in order to optimize quality of care.
Education: Graduation from an accredited school of Medicine
- Current state medical license
- Current Federal Drug Enforcement Agency license
- Board certified or Board eligible
- Basic Cardiac Life Certification or Advanced Cardiac Life Certification
- Staff privileges at all the hospitals for which coverage is being provided
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Exhibits teamwork skills that facilitate interchange between multidisciplinary health care workers in order to provide quality patient care/outcomes
- Superior problem solving skills
- Is articulate and an active listener
- Addresses issues/concerns with the Memorial Hermann Healthcare System in a timely fashion
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Directs patient care throughout the health care system via Consult Orders.
- Provides consultation services in collaboration with attending or primary care provider.
- Communicates with the attending physician, nurse, family, and other treatment team members when appropriate, in order to obtain the appropriate patient care plan.
- Effectively communicates with treatment team in a timely and professional manner to provide quality psychiatric care to patients throughout the healthcare system.
- Complies with best practices and other care directives. Follows Performance Improvement initiatives.
- Works with Memorial Hermann Physicians, Risk Managers, and Case Managers towards resolution of clinical, administrative or technical problems.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and adheres to MH compliance privacy policies.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.