About Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital
- 385-bed regional referral center featuring a modern facility built in 2010
- Newly-renovated 16 operating room suite
- 32-bed ICU
- All private rooms featuring spacious design
- Beautiful 68-acre campus situated on the bustling “Medical Center Parkway” corridor with convenient access to dining and shopping areas
- Saint Thomas Health and the University of Tennessee Health Science Center (UTHSC) have an established partnership in Middle Tennessee for training medical residents in a variety of specialties including internal medicine, family medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, and general surgery
- One of the nation’s fastest growing population centers
- Offers tops schools and a wide range of housing options
- Quick access to the amenities of metropolitan living including fine dining, live music
- Home to Middle Tennessee State University
- Multiple nearby lakes and trails
About Ascension Medical Group
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
What You Will Do
Ascension Saint Thomas Medical Partners is looking for a board-certified/board-eligble neurologist to join our elite team!
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to partner with Ascension Saint Thomas Medical Partners.
- Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills. Coordinates discharge planning with case management.
- Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients.
- Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
- Participates in academic programs (e.g. medical education and research) as requested.
- Provides appropriate documentation that meets insurance company requirements; appeal all denials in a timely manner.
- Participates in inpatient and outpatient consultation for specialty, which may include on call schedules.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Tennessee Board of Medical Examiners obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. KY License also required if working in a Kentucky facility.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)