$80K — $100K *
Reporting to the Medical Director of NCH Immediate Care Centers, (ICC)), provides comprehensive physician services to assess, diagnose, plan and treat a wide range of patients with health issues/illness or injury presenting at the centers. Collaborates with Mid-Level Providers and the inter-disciplinary healthcare team to provide comprehensive clinical coordination of patient care resulting in integrated health care that is timely, high quality, customer focused and utilizes resources to optimize patient outcomes.
1. Provides evidence based direct patient care to include comprehensive clinical assessment, diagnosing, planning and treatment of a range of health issues/illness or injuries for patients of all ages presenting at the Immediate Care Centers. Identifies expected outcomes from assessment data and diagnosis and develops a comprehensive individualized plan of care that includes interventions, treatments and discharge plan. Communicates patient data to interdisciplinary team to initiate interventions. Prescribes pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies as appropriate.
2. Consults with and provides collaborative/supervision to mid-level providers in assessing, defining and administering patient care interventions and treatment. Provides direction and education to the inter-disciplinary support staff as indicated.
3. Facilitates decisions and actions on behalf of patients in an ethical manner by maintaining patient confidentiality, acting as a patient advocate and assisting patients so they can advocate for themselves. Communicates plan of care to patient and family regularly. Assists patient and family in becoming informed consumers about risk and benefits of treatment and care as well as health promotion and preventative care. Provides follow-up recommendations as appropriate.
4. Ensures the Occupational Health Services (OHS) client company receives accurate service components for its employee, and as appropriate to provide patient care for work related injury/illnesses according to client specifications. Coordinates appropriate follow-up care when indicated.
5. Follows established documentation practices to ensure that the medical record accurately reflects the intensity of service, severity of illness, and contains all required diagnostic and treatment information for the episode of illness or injury.
6. Collaborates with the Immediate Care Center Medical Director as needed to define interventions and problem-solve on patient care case and consults with other physicians as needed on patient care follow-up. Assists Medical Director in delegated responsibilities, such as developing and updating critical pathways.
7. Collaboratively aligns with NCH Medical Staff in accordance with established by-laws.
8. Adheres to all Northwest Community Hospital standards, policies, and procedures.
1. Doctor of Medicine or Doctor Of Osteopathic Medicine with Current License to practice medicine in the State of Illinois.
2. Board certified or Board eligible in Family Medicine, Med Peds or Emergency Medicine
3. Active DEA and Illinois Control Substance License required.
4. Current CPR - ACLS and PALS required.
5. Prescriptive Authority and Controlled Substance Licensure.
6. National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners (NRCME).
7. The interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact with patients, families, medical personnel, and other members of the health care team in a compassionate and customer oriented manner.
8. The ability to perform effectively and efficiently under the pressure of stressful emergency situations.
9. Ability to prioritize patient care to support efficient patient flow in the Treatment Center.
10. Ability to work a flexible schedule and to assist in covering vacancies when necessary.
NCH at a glance
Northwest Community Healthcare (NCH) is known for compassionate care and its convenient location. But it's our advanced technologies, clinical expertise and state-of-the-art facilities that offer the latest treatments and assure the care, comfort and safety of our patients and the community. NCH offers:
Valid through: 3/12/2021