Title - Physician
Location - Flora, IL
Term - Permanent Full Time
Shift - Monday-Friday Day Shift
State License Details: Must Be Currently Active
Principal Accountabilities and Essential Duties of the Job:
Exceptional Population Health:
- Abides by all hospital clinical policies to provide quality medical care to all patients in accordance with training and licensure. Performs examination, diagnoses and treats patients 0 to 18years of age.
- Demonstrates patterns of continued learning in order to ensure growth as a practitioner.
- Applies for and obtains staff privileges at hospital, is available to provide continuity of care including
hospital in-patient management as appropriate and directed by Medical Director.
- Performs all duties and services in full compliance with hospital’s Service Excellence Standards. Adheres to
all canons of ethics including hospital’s code of conduct.
- Acts as primary consultant on all pediatric cases referred by other staff providers, in person or via telephone.
Must be willing to travel to and from service sites as needed and directed by Medical Director.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of new clinical programs as needed. Also, works with new
technologies for the improvement of patient services and clinic operations.
- Completes medical charts after each visit, within the allotted time of five (5) days, according to the problemoriented
medical records system.
- Assists in internal quality control audits and participates in regularly scheduled meetings to address issues of
quality assurance and improvement.
- Attends internal and external meetings, workshops, and conferences, and participates on task forces or
committees, as necessary and/or required by hospital.
- Performs all duties in support of successful EHR/EPM implementation/maintenance.
- Handles day-to-day staff and scheduling conflicts affecting the clinical floor from a solution oriented
approach. Immediately reports all clinical concerns to the Medical Director and works to find solutions with
the best possible outcome.
- Provides supervision of nursing personnel, medical assistants and lab personnel in area of specific support
services for patient care delivery. Provides supervision in case assignment to mid-level provider(s), including
sign off on charts. Makes recommendations for promotion, commendation, or disciplinary action where
necessary or appropriate.
- From time to time, provides in-service training for staff in selected topics in Pediatric or adult medicine as
appropriate, and as deemed necessary by the Medical Director.
- Other duties or responsibilitiesas assigned by Medical Director.
Job Modality -
- Internal Medicine
- Family Practice