Physician - Hospitalist
Located in downtown Minneapolis, Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC) is Minnesota's premier Level 1 Adult Trauma Center and Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center. Committed to creating a culturally competent and inclusive work and care environment for patients, families and staff, HCMC offers primary care and retail clinics throughout the Hennepin County metro area. We partner with our community, our patients and their families to ensure access to outstanding care. Our mission is to improve health and wellness through patient and community education, teaching and research.
HCMC has a current opening for a Physician Hospitalist. This position will manage the care of patients hospitalized with complex acute health problems in collaboration and consultation with other physicians, APPs, staff RN's and other health care professionals. Will serve as a member of the hospital interdisciplinary team and facilitate continuum of care for patients from admission through discharge. The hospitalist team provides 24/7 inpatient Internal Medicine care and service.
- MD, DO, and completion of advanced graduate medical education in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine with board eligibility or board certification in their respective field
- 1+ years of experience in hospital acute care medicine preferred (experience in training program will be considered)
- Recent residency program graduates are strongly encouraged to apply
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Patient-centered focus
- Ability to balance work priorities in a rapidly changing environment
- Works well independently in addition to being skilled in interdisciplinary collaboration
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication
- Board eligible or certified by an ABMS-approved specialty
- Current State of Minnesota Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy license
- Valid DEA Registration