A physician in the Mercy North Iowa Network provides quality patient care in both the inpatient and/or outpatient settings as required.
Instructs and counsels patients regarding physical and mental health. Orders or supplies medication appropriate for the patient. Refers patients to appropriate specialists. Provides immediate evaluation and treatment for emergency medical problems. Directs emergency personnel in transport of the patient. Documents all patient care activities and follow-up care. Maintains knowledge of community services, agencies and resources.
Assists Clinic Manager in assessing/maintaining equipment, pharmaceutical and recordkeeping needs. Directs other clinic staff in the provision and execution of medical care. Assures quality of patient care is provided by appropriate monitoring and evaluation. Participates in the formal governance process of Mercy Clinics. Participates in the required activities of the medical staff of Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa and/or appropriate regional hospitals. Participates in staff educational inservice meetings. Represents the clinic to the media when appropriate. Maintains licensure through CME certification.
Communicates with and performs duties following Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa Guiding Behaviors. Provides competent patient care to the above indicated patient populations by obtaining and appropriately interpreting data, making appropriate decisions based on demonstrated knowledge of age-specific growth and development, and appropriately adapting procedures and treatments. Communicates with and performs duties following Mercy Medical Center – North Iowa Guiding Behaviors. Supports and abides by all medical center, departmental, and safety policies and procedures. Proactively identifies safety concerns surrounding the work environment. Acts in a professional manner reflecting the mission, philosophy and values of Mercy Medical Center - North Iowa and the Sisters of Mercy. Performs otherresponsibilities as requested by the Medical Director, Senior Vice President or Vice President of Mercy Clinics.
IV. ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS
V. POSITION QUALIFICATION
1. Graduate of a medical/osteopathic medical school is required.
2. Demonstrated competency as a physician by completion of an appropriate residency program; board certified or board eligible.
3. Must be able to obtain Mercy Medical Center – North Iowa medical staff privileges.
4. Above average communication skills. Ability to work with a team.
5. Licensed or eligible for State of Iowa physician license; Iowa Controlled Substance Certificate, and Federal DEA Certificate
1. Demonstrated competency as a physician by completion of an appropriate residency program or equivalent practice experience.
Special Skills, Competencies, and Aptitudes
1. If applicable for clinic or hospital privileging, must provide proof of Basic Life Support (BLS Healthcare Provider, American Heart Association; or American Red Cross, Professional Rescuer – LIVE class only) via current card prior to employment or within 30 days of hire and maintains current status, unless has a current status in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Cardiac Life Support (PALS), or Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS).
2. Completes Mandatory Reporting requirement within 6 months of hire and renews this requirement every 5 years.
3. If applicable for clinic or hospital privileging, completes Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - American Heart Association within 6 months of hire and maintains current status.
4. If applicable for clinic or hospital privileging, must complete Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS) American Heart Association within 6 months of hire and maintains current status.
5. If applicable for clinic or hospital privileging, completes Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) within 6 months of hire and maintains current status.
6. If applicable for clinic or hospital privileging, completes Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) within 6 months of hire and maintains current status.
VI.ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/CONITIVE REQUIREMENTS
Must be able to physically assist with patient care activities. Must be able to stand and/or walk for prolonged periods of time throughout the day. Must be flexible since the position is subject to interruptions and changes in work priorities. For a complete list of the physical/cognitive requirements, please refer to the Working Conditions and Physical Demands Worksheet. The original will be maintained in the Human Resources Department and a copy at Mercy Family Clinic Administration.