Req ID: 153484
PeaceHealth has an opportunity for a Physician on a Geriatrics care team. Everyone who works at the Center for Senior Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for every patient who enters their doors. The team works seamlessly in a relaxed collegial environment.
The Center for Senior Health (CSH) is an outpatient geriatrics clinic that provides comprehensive ambulatory care for adults age 65 and over who are covered by Medicare Parts A and B. Staff at the center provide patient-centered care in a supportive caring environment. It is located across the street from PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center. Currently there are 6 Physicians, 1 PAC, 4 ARNP's, a Social Worker, Pharmacist, and Ancillary staff.
The outpatient clinic hours and days: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Call is shared by the providers and is rotated one week at a time. Call is phone call only, regarding CSH and nursing home patients. Patients are not physically seen on call, but can be referred to after-hours clinics, ER, or for clinic follow-up, as needed based on their condition. Daily call starts at 5:00 PM.
In addition to the outpatient primary care setting, this position provides team-based care in community nursing homes. We have a sophisticated team of MDs and Nurse Practitioners who have become the clinical providers of choice for almost all of the nursing homes in Whatcom County. Schedules are balanced to allow predictable but flexible work hours, shared call, and cross-coverage as-needed.
Overall, our clinical services include: standard primary care visits, ambulatory geriatrics consultations, nursing home coverage, palliative care, clinical social work services, management of the medication therapy program, and anticoagulation therapy. We also are a pilot site for Care Management and Chronic Disease Management, through the CMS TCPI grant to transform the primary care practice.
Qualifications should include:
* Graduate of an accredited school of medicine.
* Prefer Board Certified in Geriatric Medicine, but willing to consider Board Certification in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine with a passion and previous experience in geriatrics.
* Successful completion of an accredited ACGME Internal Medicine or Family Medicine Residency Program.
* Successful completion of an accredited CAQ in geriatric medicine or completion of an accredited ACGME geriatrics fellowship.
* Demonstrated interest and experience in caring for geriatric patients.
* Unrestricted license to practice within the State of Washington or the ability to obtain* Possession of Federal DEA number without restriction.