Why Join Ascension?
About Ascension Borgess Hospital
- As a member of Ascension Borgess Hospital, our physicians join a large community of providers who are called to deliver compassionate, personalized care for all persons, especially those who are struggling or affected by poverty.
- As a member of the largest nonprofit provider of care in the country, we are able to share best practices and knowledge across our smart network.
- Borgess Ascension Hospital includes more than 130 sites of care in 15 southern Michigan cities, as well as eight owned or affiliated hospitals, a nursing home, ambulatory care facilities, home health care, physician practices, managed care services, a cancer center and an air ambulance service.
- Borgess Ascension Hospital, the heart of the network in Kalamazoo, is a 424-bed teaching facility, with renowned cardiology, behavioral health and neuroscience programs.
- Located halfway between Detroit and Chicago and 45 minutes from the Lake Michigan shoreline
- It is an important destination for business, education and cultural events.
- Kalamazoo is home to three local colleges/universities as well as Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine.
- Portage, MI, just 10 minutes outside of the city, has been ranked by several publications and websites as one of the BEST PLACES to live in MI.
- We are also home to the famous Kalamazoo Promise. The Kalamazoo Promise is the only scholarship program of its kind. The program provides resident graduates of the Kalamazoo Public Schools with up to 100 percent of their tuition and mandatory fees for four years at Michigan's public universities and community colleges. (Including U of M & MSU)
About Ascension Medical Group
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
What You Will Do
Provides medical services to patients in an assigned area.
- Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills. Coordinates discharge planning with case management.
- Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients.
- Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
- Participates in academic programs (e.g. medical education and research) as requested.
- Provides appropriate documentation that meets insurance company requirements; appeal all denials in a timely manner.
- Participates in inpatient and outpatient consultation for specialty, which may include on call schedules.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Physician MD/DO with Prescriptive Authority credentialed from the Michigan Board of Medicine obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Credentialing done by Medical Staff department.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) required
- 1-2 Years Experience Preferred