PeaceHealth is seeking a Physician - General Neurology/Movement Disorder based in the Springfield community.
Req ID: 168688
General Neurology with focus on Movement Disorder
Position & Hospital Highlights:
- Schedule flexibility and Work/Life balance
- Academic involvement; mentor medical students and residents
- Volunteer opportunities to serve on medical mission teams in El Salvador
- Work with outstanding colleagues with a strong ownership culture who value excellent, safe, individualized and compassionate care
- Strong support from the hospital and medical staff, open communication with administration, great specialist support and a strong mentorship program
- Average of 14 – 18 patients per day
- System-wide EPIC EMR
- Direct employment by PeaceHealth
- 338 bed tertiary medical center
- The facility also serves as the only level II trauma center in Lane County, which has a population of approximately 350,000 people
- The hospital is highly regarded for its quality of care and has been recognized for numerous awards in quality and excellence.
- Eugene is the second largest city in Oregon and is just 90 minutes south of Portland:
- Also called the 'Emerald City' the city resides in the south end of the Willamette Valley, near the confluence of the McKenzie and Willamette rivers. The city's official slogan "A Great City for the Arts and Outdoors," truly reflects the diverse breath of events in arts and a host of outdoor activities. If you have always wanted big city amenities with small town feel, Eugene is the place for you.
- Eugene is the place for the outdoor enthusiast. With everything from hiking, biking, kayaking, swimming, running and water sports, there is no shortage of things to do outside. Check out Spencer's Butte which provides some spectacular views of the city!
- The Hult Center for the Performing Arts features all kinds of entertainment including jazz, opera, ballet, the Eugene symphony and choir. Eugene also has numerous other venues for live music and for live theater.
- Go shopping at the 5th Street Public Market. Spend an afternoon visiting the shops and enjoy a multitude of international cuisine while local musicians provide live entertainment at the market
- Sports fanatic? Eugene is home to the University of Oregon (Mighty Ducks) where you can catch professional, Olympic and collegiate sporting events
- 1 hour away from the city of Florence, situated on the scenic Oregon coast. Florence, Oregon was voted the nation's "most beautiful city" by Expedia!
- Home to a community of great schools and churches. 3 local high schools recently voted top 30 schools in Oregon!
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of the founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Springfield community, along with our benefits offered, please visit our homepage www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield || Physician & Advanced Practice Clinician ||Physicians || Full Time || SPECIALTY SVCS