QuadMed is currently seeking a full time Family Medicine Physician for our clinic in Gautier, MS servicing the employees of Huntington Ingalls.
This physician will focus on prevention and wellness, as well as evaluating, treating, and educating patients in a clinic setting. Under the supervision of a physician, performs professional medical work in the history taking, examination, diagnosis and treatment of patients according to statutory limitations. Examines and diagnoses patients and develops treatment plans. Performs testing, referral to physicians as needed, writes prescriptions, and performs administrative procedures within the scope of expertise, protocols, and available equipment. As a QM physician, they may assume the role of Oversight Physician to support APPs in the QM system. This will be determined by need, geography and physician utilization. As a QuadMed representative, in partnership with the Client (employer sponsor), the physician may be utilize in presenting and speaking to client as a QM leader at the clinical level. KEY RESPONSIBILITIESProvides comprehensive clinical patient care through interviewing, examining and treating associates and their dependents in order to meet their health and wellness needs. Prescribes appropriate medical treatment and clinical medications for patients and orders studies, tests and ancillary care services as required
- Records history and physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition, with documentation in the medical record
- Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent.
- Educates patients and/or families about preventive care, wellness ,medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and health care needs
- Demonstrate knowledge, of growth and development, and pathophysiology of disease processes, specific to age groups served.
- Follows all established rules and guidelines of evidence based care and best clinical practice
- Regularly reviews chronic medical conditions that require ongoing medical attention
- Educates patients on wellness, prevention and early detection by providing materials and resources to the patients and families
Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff, which allows for consultation, collaboration, or referral.
- May refer patients to physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
- Refers to appropriate specialists outside the health center in a medically appropriate and efficient manner
- Practices in a collaborative fashion consistent with the concept of a patient centered medical home , Consulting and collaborating with the other team members as needed regarding patient care, assessment, and education issues
- Refers patients to and utilizes unique internal associate benefits and resources to maximize health outcomes
- Demonstrates exceptional and effective collaborative partnership and communication style with both patients and staff
Actively engages in quality improvement, leadership and compliance
- Participates in quality improvement, continuing education, and otherpatient care programs established by the health center requirements for QuadMed.
- If less than 3 years’ experience, proactively engages in mentoring, and coaching, from another provider within QuadMed.
- Advocate for clinical quality improvement in the HWC
- Assists in the resolution of complaints, requests and inquiries from patients, QuadMed, and clients.
- Maintains privacy and confidentiality of all patient information according to federal and state guidelines and regulations
- Effectively communicates with patients through technology to include email, video, telephonic, and text. While complying with QuadMed policy and practices
- Demonstrates knowledge of current and emerging trends in technologies, techniques, issues and approaches in area of expertise
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards
- Demonstrates the ability to remain calm and effective in emergency situations and establish a leadership role in an emergency
- MD. or D.O degree from an accredited School of Medicine or Osteopathy and completion appropriate residency
- Active Board certification or eligibility required
- Preferred three years ambulatory primary care practice experience,; if less than 3 years agrees to mentoring, and coaching, from another provider if assigned
- Experience working with pediatric patients may be preferred depending on the HWC demographic
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including proficiency in electronic communication
- Experience with an EMR preferred
- Bilingual English-Spanish strongly preferred