You will serve as a Family Medicine Physician in the Bureau of Medicine and Surgery Military Treatment Facility of NMRTC CAMP PENDLETON CA.THIS IS A DIRECT HIRE ANNOUNCEMENT.
Section 1109 of the National Defense Authorization Act FY 2020 Public Law 116-92 amended Section 9905 of title 5, United States Code to streamline and simplify certain DOD civilian Direct Hire Authorities to recruit and appoint qualified candidates directly to certain positions in the competitive service in the DOD.
Learn more about this agency Responsibilities
- You will formulate full treatment plans based on sound evaluation and diagnoses;
- You will provide optimal safe, high quality, and coordinated care;
- You will communicate clearly, both verbally and written, with strong collaboration skills, to establish rapport; advise, counsel, guide, educate and instruct; gain the trust, confidence and cooperation of patients and their families;
- You will perform emergency services or crisis intervention, including life-saving emergency procedures;
- You will promote preventative and health maintenance care, stressing positive health behaviors;
- You will provide follow-up treatment and care;
- You will facilitate the coordinated delivery of health care services through health care professionals, both internal and external.
Not requiredSupervisory status
No Promotion Potential
15 Job family (Series)
0602 Medical Officer
- Family Practice Physicians
- Physicians, Family Practice
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or pass the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- You will be required to meet any applicable credentialing or privileging requirements prior to appointment.
- Up-to-date immunizations/vaccinations and a seasonal influenza required.
- A favorable Tier 3 background investigation is required.
APPLY NOW! This job opportunity announcement has a first cut-off date. Applications received by 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the cut-off date of 09-09-2021 will receive first consideration for this vacancy. Depending on staffing needs a 2nd cut-off date may be used.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement to qualify for this position, you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
Residency Training for GP-15 Positions: Applicants must have successfully completed 5 years of graduate training in the specialty (i.e. Family Medicine) of the position to be filled or equivalent experience and training.
Licensure: Applicants must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a Physician from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
Applicants must also be able to satisfy clinical privileges requirements which, in addition to the above, includes the following:
SELECTIVE PLACEMENT FACTOR: This position has a selective placement factor that will be used to screen out ineligible candidates. The selective placement factors is:
- Completion of a residency program in Family Medicine approved by the American specialty board or AOA, board certification, or board eligible
- Current clinical competence (e.g., privileged to independently practice a Family Medicine Physician within the past 2 years, actively practiced within the past 2 years by having encountered a sufficient number of clinical cases to represent a broad spectrum of the privileges required)
- No health status contraindications to granting clinical privileges
- Board certification is desired but not required
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management websites:
- Possession of Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Certification
In addition to meeting the basic requirement to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
Degree: Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, or equivalent from a school in the United States or Canada. This degree must have been accredited by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association; Association of American Medical Colleges; Liaison Committee on Medical Education; Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained.
Degree from Foreign Medical School: A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school must have provided education and medical knowledge equivalent to accredited schools in the United States. Evidence of equivalency to accredited schools in the United States is demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country, or successful completion of the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination.
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Additional vacancies may be filled by this announcement.
This position is eligible for part time, full time or ad-hoc telework at the discretion of management.
A relocation incentive is generally a single payment intended to offset some of the relocation costs experienced by the selectee. A relocation incentive may be authorized.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf
Veteran's preference does not apply when selecting individuals under the specific hiring authority addressed in the Summary section of this announcement. However, if you claim veteran's preference, you will be required to submit supporting documentation with your application as described in the Required Documents section below.
If you are unable to apply online and request information about the Alternate Application process, please contact the Department of Navy's Employment Information Center.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
When the application process is complete, we will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation.
If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
If after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may be found ineligible/not qualified.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Help Required Documents
You are required to provide documentation that supports the eligibility and qualification claims made in your resume and assessment questionnaire. You must submit