WellStar Health System is seeking a dynamic board-certified family medicine physician to join the family medicine department as a core faculty member. The program is looking to recruit a qualified MD/DO dedicated to teaching, scholarly activity, and clinical excellence. The position is full-time core faculty.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Devote sufficient time to the educational program to fulfill their supervisory and teaching responsibilities and to demonstrate a strong interest in the education of residents.
- Administer and maintain an educational environment conducive to educating residents in each of the ACGME competency areas.
- Maintain clinical skills by providing direct patient care and precept residents, which will include extended hours from time to time.
- Maintain an environment of inquiry and scholarship with an active research component.
- Regularly participate in organized clinical discussions, rounds, journal clubs, ambulatory care rounds and conference and encourage and support residents in scholarly activities.
- Commit to the goals of the Program, including development of the resident medical knowledge, clinical, technical, management skills and clinical judgment and serve as an advisor to a complement of residents.
- Attend all faculty meetings and appropriate staff meetings as determined by the Program Director of the Family Practice Residency Program.
- Serve on the clinical competency committee and the program evaluation committee.
- Participate in activities, which enhance Professional Growth and Development and serve on various medical staff committees.
- Some faculty members will provide and teach care for each of the following: maternity care, including deliveries; inpatient adults; and inpatient children.
- Some faculty members must have admitting privileges in the hospital(s) where FMP patients are hospitalized.
- Some faculty members will supervise in long-term care settings.
- Some faculty members will have additional administrative responsibilities related to specific leadership roles, according to other job descriptions (Associate Program Director, Medical Director, etc.)
MD/DO Board Certified in Family Medicine. Ideal candidate will have experience in teaching in graduate or undergraduate medical education. Applicants should be comfortable providing newborn nursery care as well as some adult inpatient management. OB experience is preferred but not required.