- Systematically assesses patients’ health status, arrives at appropriate diagnosis(es), and implements care plan(s) for effective clinical outcomes while meeting or exceeding quality metrics.
- Assists in the development of patient access planning and efficient practice management to help ensure appropriate same-day patient access to medical care.
- Documents on site/in office procedure, prescription, consultation, and patient contact in the patient's medical record according to established guidelines to facilitate ongoing quality of care in a timely manner.
- Educates and encourages patients to become active participants in their own healthcare-related behavior and provides patient education materials related to diagnosis, treatment plans, and need for follow-up care, for use in encouraging wellness.
- Facilitates the patient’s transition within and between health care settings; refer and transfer patients for specialty care, provide follow-up care and discharge patients.
- Manages patient care through appropriate use of available resources, including available technology and technologic platforms.
- Participates and contributes to quality reporting metrics, as indicated and appropriate.
- Provides direct/indirect supervision to Advanced Practitioners and other team members.
Doctorate or better.
1 year: Professional clinical experience in specific area of practice.
Licenses & Certifications
Basic Life Support
Drug Enforcement Admin