The Physician, Wellpath Consultant is responsible for the medical assessment and care of patients by collaborating with the Nurse Manager- Health Services & PI and ARNPs and providing consultations and referrals between medical staff. This position also provides on-call responsibilities.
Education for Physician:
- Medical doctorate (MD) from an accredited university.
Experience for Physician:
- Two (2) years post residency clinical experience in an inpatient setting, psychiatric experience referred.
Licenses/Certifications for Physician:
- Licensed in the state of employment.
- Current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and applicable certifications.
- Board certified or eligible in internal or family medicine.
- The Physician, Wellpath Consultant assesses patients physical health on admission and throughout their hospital stay including physical examinations, lab evaluations, x-rays and EKG.
- Provides outside referrals as indicated.
- Ensures accurate and thorough documentation of all assessment.
- Provides clinical oversight of assessment and reassessment, ongoing provision of care activities, and completion of all associated documentation by ARNPs.
- Provides on-call coverage for after-hours care of patients.