Our Physician is one who provides a full range of medical services for inmates. Provides required documentation of services to the Site Medical Director or designee in order to monitor provision of clinical services. Notifies the Medical Director and H.S.A. regarding changes in schedule coverage. Assists in arrangements for coverage of medical services if unavailable for an extended period of time.
Education for Physician:
Experience for Physician:
- Experience in Family Practice, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine or Public Health preferred (Board Certification)
Licenses/Certifications for Physician:
- Current licensure as a Physician within the state
- Current CPR Certification
- Current DEA number
- Reports to assigned facility at designated hour to examine referred patients.
- Conducts on-site sick call and chronic care clinics, as established by Medical Director.
- Review and countersigns therapeutic orders and corresponding progress notes of inmates seen by the P.A./ARNP, if applicable, ensuring they are appropriate and effective.
- Visits the infirmary daily when on-site and records encounters in the patient's progress notes, as applicable.
- Ensures progress note documentation is in SOAP format, problem oriented, corresponds to the therapeutic order and is dated, timed and legible.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Otherresponsibilities may be performed as assigned.