Ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field. Seven years of comprehensive experience with at least five years in physician compensation consulting, design, and administration. Prefer candidates with a Master's degree in a related field and ten years of experienece in the healthcare field working with physician compensation. Experience in Management/leadership, compensation and working with leadership in administrative and/or executive level. Certification in PHR, SPHR and/or CCP.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as consultant and strategist in designing rewards programs for MD Anderson faculty. Works collaboratively with the Division of Human Resources, Academic Administration – Physician Referral Service (PRS) and faculty leaders.
This position will facilitate analysis, identify solutions, participate in implementation, monitor results and make changes, as appropriate using innovative technology in presentations and reporting.
The individual will establish and maintain mutually beneficial relationships and demonstrate the interpersonal savvy to influence in a highly complex organizational structure.
Responsible for assigned projects related to institutional Reward programs.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Interacts and partners directly with leaders and faculty across the institution and must confidently navigate through organizational structures.
- Demonstrates organizational understanding and displays knowledge of the strategy, structures, financial position and systems specifics of the organization.
- Develops and maintains standardized, consistent and streamlined processes to increase efficiency and accuracy in all areas of facultycompensation and reporting.
- Keeps apprised of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations to ensure compliance.
- In collaboration with HR Compensation, Academic Affairs, PRS and faculty leaders, designs reward programs that are creative, fiscally sound and consistent with compensation trends and institutional objectives.
- Coordinates implementation, maintains the program and provides consultation on specific issues as needed.
- Assesses effectiveness of policies, programs and practices, recommending changes as needed.
Education:Bachelor's degree Business Administration, Health Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field.
Preferred Education: Master's degree in a related field. Certification: None required
Preferred Certification:PHR or SPHRand/or CCP
Experience: Seven years of comprehensive experience with at least five years in physician compensation consulting, design, and administration.
Preferred Experience: Ten years of experience in the healthcare field working with physician compensation. Management/leadership experience also is preferred.