Relocation Incentive: May be authorized to highly qualified applicant.
Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP)- May be eligible to apply for the program if requirements are met.
The physician will provide cardiology services for inpatients and outpatients at VA Montana Health Care System.
Learn more about this agency
- Perform Compensation and Pension exams and/or reviews
- Provide consultation services related to cardiology for the medical staff
- Interpret echocardiograms (including stress echoes, dobutamine echoes and transesophageal echocardiograms)
- Interpret Cardiac Rhythm studies
- Interpret event recorder studies
- Interpret electrocardiograms (EKGs)
- Supervises and interprets exercise and chemical stress tests, including stress Echocardiograms
- Work with and assist mid-level providers in the cardiology clinic
- Supervise and manage the pacemaker program with mid-level staff
- Perform outpatient consultations and appropriate follow-up care
- Participate in the educational programs for the physician staff
- Participate in monitoring the quality, safety and appropriateness of patient care.
- Participate in developing and updating policies and procedures specific to Cardiology.
- Demonstrate ethical conduct and serve as a positive role model to others at all levels of the organization.
- Participate in quality assurance programs and chart reviews.
- Attend Medical Service staff meetings and Medical/Dental Staff meetings.
- Complete medical records in accordance with Bylaws and Rules and Regulations of the Medical Staff.
- Participate in Medical Staff committee assignments as determined by Associate Chief of Staff for Hospital and Specialty Medicine services (ACOS H&SM)
- Perform other duties assigned by the ACOS H&SM.
Work Schedule: M-F 08:00 - 16:30
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
0602 Medical Officer
- Physicians, All Other
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
Applicants pending the completion of educational or certification/licensure requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met.
- Basic Requirements:United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes (upload C.V. as resume document type):
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- Disability Letter (Schedule A)
- Disability Letter (VA)
- PCS Orders
- Performance Appraisal
- Professional Certification
- Proof of Enrollment
- Proof of Marriage Status
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.