JOB PURPOSE OR MISSION:
Provides and manages direct health care for a specified patient population. Performs jobfor the age population served, as defined in the department’s scope of service
Minimum of 3 years in the active practice of medicine desired.
SPECIAL SKILL, LICENSE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Must hold current, active license to practice medicine in the State of Louisiana.
- Must have MD privileges at Baton Rouge General Medical Center.
- Medical Specialty License or Certification preferred.
- State of Louisiana and Federal DEA Certification.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in specified area of Medical Specialty desired.
- Highly organized and creative problem-solver who understands the importance of medical education.
- Demonstrates excellent inter-personal skills.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for the delivery of medical care.
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable HIPAA regulations appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to: Medical records without limitation both paper and electronic, employee health records, patient demographics, lab and radiology results, patient information related to surgery or appointment schedules, patient financial information, patient billing 3rdparty, patient related complaints, information related to patient location, patients religious beliefs, research information, investigatory information and/or public health records.
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable safety practices appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to: Incident reporting, handling of wastes, sharps and linen, PPE, exposure control plans, hand washing, environment of care, patient identification, administers medications/blood products, receives orders for patients, validates patients for any procedure/surgery, transports, monitors or observes patients for procedures including infusion pumps, monitors clinical alarms, and collects blood samples.
Req # 24439