Physician Assistant (PA)
Less than 5 years experience • Misc. Healthcare
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of Physician
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, and managing infection
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, provides home-going instructions, and assists in provision of continuity of care
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, and health maintenance
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients'clinical problems and health care needs
- Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient's condition.
- Provides written home-going instructions
- Collaborates with Physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan as necessary
- Prescribes or recommends medications or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures
- Refers patients to Physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment
- Maintains medical records (In some health centers it may be using Electronic Medical Record software)
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university PA Program required; Master's Degreepreferred
- At least three years of clinical experience as a Physician Assistant in an ambulatory care, occupational health, family practice or emergency department setting
- Licensed as a Physician Assistant in the state or jurisdiction of practice National Certification with NCCPA
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations preferred
- Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for medical provider is required Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services.
- Appropriate certification to write prescriptions under the authority of the Medical Director
Requisition Number 17-1318