Physician Assistant - Ortho
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs
- Schedule is Monday through Friday 8 hour day.
- This position is West of Elmira NY
Provides patient care consistent with the scope of privileges defined by the sponsoring department, written practice protocols, applicable State and Federal laws and regulations; and in collaboration with other health team members.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Obtaining history and physical examinations.
- Completing daily patient evaluations and assessments per protocol.
- Performing routine procedures per protocol and established standards.
- Writing medication and other medical orders per specific patient care protocols.
- Instructing and counseling patients and families in collaboration with other health team members.
- Documenting pertinent findings in patient record.
- Identifies and participates in research and quality assurance activities.
- Participates in department and/or system wide team dynamic initiatives.
- Provides day-to-day support of workflow within the work unit; including disseminating information, assigning staff to cover for absences, providing technical assistance, answering questions and resolving problems as directed by the Supervisor of Clinical Support.
- Acts as a team player and works collaboratively within the team and organization.
- Assists with developing priorities, goals, and action plans.
- Responds to requests from Clinical Supervisor.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary teams to assist with the evaluation of programs and services.
- Useful Suggestions for Process Improvement
- Identifies better, faster, more efficient ways of doing tasks as well as eliminates unnecessary work and all non-value-added activities to enable a focus on work that generates greater value.
- Responds to requests from Clinical Supervisor, and collaborates with interdisciplinary teams to assist with the evaluation of programs and services. Communicates with Supervisor regarding cost savings initiatives and planning.
- Utilizes understanding of regulatory requirements to identify ways to improve process quality and compliance.
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- Completion of an AMA approved Physicians' Assistant Program.
- Certified as a Registered Physician's Assistant.
- Experience as a Physician Assistant in Orthopedics
- New Grads will be considered.
Feel free to forward this job opening to qualified individuals!
As recruiters, we are skilled in our field and understand how to match an opportunity with the individual. If you choose to send us your resume, be advised we will not distribute it outside our firm without first speaking with you and obtaining your permission.