Function/Duties of Position
Provides support to body interventional practice through performance of inpatient and outpatient consults and clinical support operations for the Dotter Department of Interventional Radiology.
Works in partnership with faculty physicians and two other Physician Assistants (PAs) to provide excellent clinical care and customer service in the inpatient and outpatient settings. Works in conjunction with the Chair of Dotter Department of Interventional Radiology, Physicians, PAs and Allied Health providers, and OHSU leadership to provide services to further the University’s missions and goals of teaching, research, patient care, outreach, and public service and the Department’s/ Hospital’s goal of providing effective, efficient care. Responsibilities include:
- Provide clinical care to patients of the OHSU’s Hospitals and Clinics, affiliated hospitals and clinics including inpatient rounding, inpatient discharges, patient follow-up by phone/ MyChart, tunneled and non-tunneled line and port removals and pre/ post procedure care
- Serve as an extension of the interventional radiologists
- Engage in public service through consultative activities with non-university groups as approved by the Chair, Dotter Department of Interventional Radiology
- Under the guidance and supervision of the department Chair, faculty members, PA may perform detailed patient history and physical examinations and obtain informed consent for procedures
- Write appropriate orders and review lab results to insure acceptable limits
- Assist in development of patient care protocols and follow-up guidelines
- Administer drugs including narcotics, stimulants and depressants
- Write routine pre/ post procedure orders as necessary
- Attend appropriate hospital conferences/ educational opportunities
- Assist with major radiology procedures performed within the department
- Round on patients, write appropriate progress on patient charts indicating status of treatments and procedures performed
Duties may encompass but do not require scholarly activity in the use of diagnostic/ interventional techniques to better our understanding of detection/ treatment of diseases. In addition, this position will participate in the instruction of Physician Assistant students in interventional radiological techniques.
The work week will initially be Monday through Friday with the exception of official holidays. There is currently no night, weekend or holiday call.
- Current Physician Assistant license through the State of Oregon
- Minimum 3 years PA practice experience or, if a new graduate, excellent professional and educational references from director/ instructors of PA program
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Conditions of employment require approved credentialing through OHSU and OHSUMG, criminal background check and drug test
- Chair of Dotter Department of Interventional Radiology will set the general pattern of working hours, however, deviations from general patterns may be necessary to meet position responsibilities
- Duration of this appointment and indicated salary may be changed or eliminated if a gift, grant, or contract fund supporting this position becomes unavailable
- Knowledge of OHSU policies/ procedures preferred including LCR, order entry, and other clinical database systems