We want to ensure that the application process is smooth and efficient and recommend the following tips:
- Prior to applying, please provide all of your applicable experience and education relevant to the job requirements.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
- All online assessments are completed online. After you submit an application, if an assessment is required, an email with instructions to complete the assessment will be sent to you. In the event you need access to a computer, please consider visiting the WIN Job Center or your local library.
Once you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if we would like to discuss your application.
Due to the large volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to personally respond to all applicants. Please feel free to check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID:
Clinical (Non-Faculty Only)Organization:
Advanced Practice ProvidersLocation/s:
Main Campus JacksonJob Title:
Physician Assistant - Infectious Disease - FTJob Summary:
TO MANAGE AND PROVIDE PATIENT MEDICAL CARE AND PROMOTES PATIENT HEALTH AND WELLNESS BY ASSESSING, DIAGNOSING, PLANNING, IMPLEMENTING AND EVALUATING APPROPRIATE PATIENT CARE UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF A PHYSICIAN AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH UMC, STATE, AND FEDERAL REQUIREMENTS AND GUIDELINES. TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE MEDICAL CENTER'S PURPOSE.Education & Experience
LICENSURE AS A PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT IN MISSISSIPPI AND PANCE CERTIFICATION BY THE NATIONAL COMMISSION ON CERTIFICATION OF PHYSICIAN ASSISTANTS (NCCPA).
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED: NA
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
KNOWLEDGE OF THE INFORMATION AND TECHNIQUES NEEDED TO DIAGNOSE AND TREAT HUMAN INJURIES, DISEASES, AND DEFORMITIES.
VERBAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS. INTERPERSONAL SKILLS TO INTERACT WITH PATIENTS, FAMILY MEMBERS, AND STAFF.
ABILITY TO EDUCATE PATIENTS AND FAMILY MEMBERS AS TO THE NATURE OF THE DISEASE/INJURY, PROPER CARE AND TREATMENT AND PREVENTATIVE HEALTH CARE. ABILITY TO OBSERVE, ASSESS AND RECORD SYMPTOMS, REACTIONS, AND PROGRESS.
- CONDUCTS COMPLEX, STANDARDIZED PATIENT CARE PROCEDURES; EVALUATES PATIENT'S MEDICAL COMPLAINTS AND PROVIDES APPROPRIATE TREATMENT.
- OBTAINS, COMPILES AND RECORDS PATIENT MEDICAL DATA TO INCLUDE HEALTH HISTORY, PROGRESS NOTES, TREATMENT PROCEDURES, AND RESULTS OF PHYSICAL EXAMINATION.
- ORDERS AND INTERPRETS DIAGNOSTIC TESTS SUCH AS X-RAY, ELECTROCARDIOGRAM, AND LABORATORY TESTS.
- PRESCRIBES THERAPY AND MEDICATIONS ACCORDING TO TREATMENT PLAN. PROVIDES GUIDANCE AND INSTRUCTION TO PATIENTS AND FAMILIES REGARDING DISEASE PROCESSES, THERAPIES, OUTCOMES, AND PREVENTATIVE HEALTH CARE.
- PRACTICES SAFETY, ENVIROMENTAL, AND/OR INFECTION CONTROL METHODS.
- SERVES ON AT LEAST ONE HOSPITAL OR MEDICAL CENTER COMMITTEE, TASK FORCE, OR PROJECT TEAM TO IMPROVE PATIENT CARE OR WORK AREA. DEMONSTRATES CORE STANDARDS OF EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE.
- FUNCTIONS AS EXPERT/RESOURCE TO CLINIC STAFF IN AREA OF SPECIALTY.
- SERVES AS EDUCATOR AND MENTOR TO STUDENTS AND NEW HIRE ADVANCE PRACTICE PROVIDERS.
- CONTRIBUTES TO THE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT FOR PEERS, COLLEAGUES AND OTHERS UPON REQUEST.
- THE DUTIES LISTED ARE GENERAL IN NATURE AND ARE EXAMPLES OF THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES PERFORMED AND ARE NOT MEANT TO BE CONSTRUED AS EXCLUSIVE OR ALL-INCLUSIVE. MANAGEMENT RETAINS THE RIGHT TO ADD OR CHANGE DUTIES AT ANY TIME.
Physical and Environmental Demands
Requires occasional exposure to unpleasant or disagreeable physical environment such as high noise level and exposure to heat and cold, occasional handling or working with potentially dangerous equipment, occasional exposure to biohazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, frequent working hours significantly beyond regularly scheduled hours, occasional travelling to offsite locations, occasional activities subject to significant volume changes of a seasonal/clinical nature, occasional work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, frequent bending, occasional lifting and carrying more than 100 pounds, occasional climbing, occasional crawling, occasional crouching/stooping, occasional driving, occasional kneeling, occasional pushing/pulling, occasional reaching, occasional sitting, occasional standing, frequent twisting, and occasional walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more)