Provides advanced medical care to patients with complex acute, critical, and/or chronic health conditions in a clinic or hospital setting in one or more specialized areas under the direction of a physician.
Position Key Accountabilities:
- Conducts complex, standardized patient care procedures which require experience and specialized training which would otherwise be performed by a physician, but which do not constitute the practice of medicine.
- Conducts independent and physician supervised rounding on unit.
- Performs relevant patient evaluations and assessments and provides appropriate treatment; including monitoring and ordering medications.
- Coordinates, directs, and implements the patient's plan of care.
- Assists in collecting patient histories, screens for co-morbidities, and provides guidance and preventative health care as needed.
- Performs physical examinations and pr