Heart Failure Specialist opportunity in beautiful upstate South Carolina: A great place to live, work and play!
AnMed Health Cardiovascular Services seeks to add a heart failure specialist to its robust Heart and Vascular Center consisting of nine cardiologists, including five interventional cardiologists, two electrophysiologists, three vascular surgeons and eight advanced clinical practitioners.
- Annual volumes include over 4,000 cardiac caths, 200 open heart surgeries, and 1,500 EP procedures; rapid growth occurring
- Huge CHF population (over 700 discharges per year) and no heart failure experts in the service area
- Currently, CHF is primarily managed by internal medicine on the inpatient side and primary care and cardiology on the OP side.
- While AnMed Health is not a transplant center, there is a strong collaboration with Sanger Heart and Vascular Institute. Would serve as a referral center for CHS VAD and transplant program, and with the right expertise could manage pre and post VAD transplant patients
- Supportive services including Congestive Heart Failure program offered at LifeChoice Cardiovascular Rehab Center
- Supportive leadership, collegial medical staff, advanced technology, and an award-winning health system situated in a family-friendly community
Health System Details
AnMed Health, an affiliate of Carolinas Healthcare System, is a comprehensive 694-bed health system that has been recognized nationally for patient safety and clinical excellence. AnMed Health is one of The Joint Commission's Top Performers for Key Quality Measures, one of Thomson Reuters' Top 100 Hospitals and one of U.S. News & World Report's Best Regional Hospitals.
AnMed Health and its team of excellent providers attract patients from eight counties, serving the medical needs of roughly 400,000 people in northwestern South Carolina and northeast Georgia. The system is anchored by AnMed Health Medical Center, a 461-bed acute care hospital. AnMed Health also has a satellite North Campus which includes the 72-bed AnMed Health Women's and Children's Hospital, the 65-bed AnMed Health Rehabilitation Hospital, a comprehensive Cancer Center, outpatient physician offices and the Cardiac and Orthopedic Center. Major service lines include Heart Care, Cancer Care, Women's Care and Children's Care.
As part of the AnMed Health Physician Network, this position enjoys access to the latest in practice management systems, a patient-friendly EHR system and a supportive medical community. This growing network of physician practices includes over 50 owned or managed physician practices and three surgery centers.