This position reports clinically to the Chairman, Department of Medicine of MCMC and administratively to the Designated Institutional Official.
Physician is a full-time employee and as such is required to spend an average of (22) hours per week of direct patient care performing the clinical duties of this position, (14) hours per week precepting residents at the MFH Ambulatory Clinic and (4) hours per week administrative/teaching services.
* A minimum 22 direct patient care hours per week attending to scheduled, and where required, unscheduled outpatients at the MFH Ambulatory Clinic.
* Conduct routine outpatient primary care, including, patient history and
physical exams, order appropriate diagnostic tests, review findings and test results, develop correct diagnoses and map course of treatment.
* Perform all clinical procedures within the scope of training and scope of expertise
* Other clinically related administrative responsibilities as required to adhere to high quality clinical standards.
* Completes all outpatient chart documentation by the completion of the clinical session utilizing the electronic medical record application.
* Complies with all policies and procedures promulgated by MCMC and MFH Ambulatory Clinic.
* Complies with all quality measures from 3rd party payors and works to achieve compliance with agreed upon organizational targets and network performance.
* Physician will Precept residents at the MFH Ambulatory Clinic a minimum of 14 hours per week as assigned by Employer and provide 4 hours of administrative/teaching services.
* Supervise ambulatory conferences, precepting Quality Improvement projects, other ambulatory quality improvement efforts, and scholarly activity.