The Physician Account Executive is responsible for growing current business and targeting and securing profitable new business by building relationships, opening new business and driving new sales growth; the physician account executive has call point ownership of certain accounts.
• Drive sales through pre-call planning, post- call analysis and consistent follow-up
• Target and secure new business
• Provide overall support and expertise to new & existing accounts
• Increase discretionary business through insurance access
• Partner with and notify Physician Account Manager on complex issues or when face-to-face or extensive service is required
• Provide immediate support for less complex issues
• Leverage all tools and resources (including data, sales portal, target lists; Marketing Department, Laboratory resources, and regional or national resources as needed)
• Maintain a breadth of knowledge of all connectivity products (i.e., Care 360, e-orders, e-prescribe, etc.)
• Prepare and present proposals and bids
• Ensure compliance with company polices and government regulations
• Complete all administrative tasks thoroughly and promptly
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or Life Sciences.
• Knowledge of Healthcare Industry and general economics of business.
• Ability to develop and sustain strong customer relationships; strong planning and organizational skills
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
• Solid PC skill including Microsoft Software.
• Five years of experience in sales or with account ownership
• Candidate must have residency in close proximity of territory.
• A valid driver’s license.
• A motor vehicle record in good standing.
• Must be able to travel to training for extended periods of time (2-3 weeks) in residence.