Physical Therapist @ Near Site in New York
Clinical New York, New York
Crossover Health is currently seeking a highly credentialed Physical Therapist for a new worksite health center in New York City, NY.
The Physical Therapist will help implement a new care delivery model focused on a differentiated patient care experience. The Physical Therapist will be providing care to the highest standard of evidence-based care and ensuring an optimal patient experience in an integrated care environment. This will include participating in care team conferences, health outcomes analysis, and care coordination activities. The Physical Therapist will also be responsible for meeting individual and care team clinical, administrative, and financial performance metrics.
The Physical Therapist will provide patient-centered, comprehensive primary care services consistent with the medical home care delivery model. Responsibilities include:
- Participate in the selection of a suitable treatment plan for all patients.
- Participate in the selection of cost-effective treatment modalities.
- Obtain and record patients' medical histories.
- Diagnose health problems by reviewing patients' health and medical histories; questioning, observing and examining patient.
- Maintain accurate case histories of patients.
- Advise patients about recommended courses of treatment.
- Counsel patients about nutrition, exercise, sleeping habits, stress management and other matters.
- Consult with and refer patients to appropriate health practitioners when necessary.
- Helps patient accomplish treatment plan and accept therapeutic devices by administering manual exercises; instructing, encouraging and assisting patients in performing physical activities, such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities and daily-living activities and in using assistive and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes and prostheses.
- Administers physical therapy treatments by initiating traction; applying physical agents; utilizing hydrotherapy tanks and whirlpool baths, moist packs, ultraviolet and infrared lamps, and ultrasound machines; directing treatments given by aides, technicians and assistants.
- Evaluates effects of physical therapy treatments and fit of prosthetic and orthotic devices by observing, noting and evaluating patient's progress; recommending adjustments and modifications.
- Completes discharge planning by consulting with physicians, nurses, social workers and other health care workers; contributing to patient care conferences.
- Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by designing home exercise programs; instructing patients, families and caregivers in home exercise programs; recommending and/or providing assistive equipment; recommending outpatient or home health follow-up programs.
- Participate in Health Center quality improvement programs, as well as participate in multidisciplinary quality assurance programs that monitor the performance of the Health Center’s written policies.
- Collaborate with the management team as needed to ensure improvement of patient care at the Health Center.
- Use best efforts to cooperate with clinical outcome reviews and measurements as may be established.
- Comply with all policies, procedures and protocols of the clinic.
- The Physical Therapist is required to be licensed with 5-7 years of professional clinical experience.
- Must have exceptional clinical and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding communication skills and attention to detail will be valued assets.