Description: For their areas of specialty, acts as a consultant to staff members for the management of patients and is a resource for on-going, professional development of the staff in their specialty. Assesses staff competencies, clinical judgment, and education, and training needs in their specialty. Provides direct patient care, especially for patients with complex problems related to their specialty. Under supervision of the Director of Rehabilitation Services or designee.
- Assumes all responsibilities as outlined on the Senior Physical Therapist job profile. Provides consultation and mentoring to the physical therapy staff in their specific area of specialization. Provides education to physical therapists through formal and informal education in their specific specialty both locally and regionally. Provides consultation and education to other Kaiser facilities upon request. Provides education to other health care professionals in their area of specialization both locally and regionally. Provides input into the performance review process of mentees with regards to patient care.
- Assists in the development and implementation of new clinical practice models for the delivery of care to members who require their expertise. Provides a leadership role to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of physical therapy services. Assumes responsibility for the management of a high volume of patients, including those with complex problems or special needs in their area of specialty. Demonstrates behavior consistent with the criteria for professional practice. Provides formal in-service at least once a year within the department and/or within the community. Serves as a clinical instructor to PT students as requested by the Rehab Director.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience working in direct patient care in the field of physical therapy
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in the area of specialty practice
- Minimum one (1) year of direct patient care within the specialty area in the last 3 years.
- Graduate of an accredited physical therapy curriculum with a bachelor's, master's or Doctoral degree and certification in physical therapy or foreign trained equivalent.
License, Certification, Registration
- Must have a Nat'l Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI, prior to employment start date.
- Licensure to practice physical therapy by the State of California by date of hire.
- Must be a Certified Clinical Instructor for PT students or obtain certification within 1 year of employment.
- Must have demonstrated evidence of advanced education and experience in specialty area.
- Demonstrate teaching experience in specialty area at an intermediate or advanced level required.
- Demonstrated effective public speaking and lecture skills in past positions required. Evidence of ongoing professional development required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Membership in the APTA preferred.
- APTA Specialist certification in area of specialty preferred.
- Travel to Manteca, Stockton, Modesto and Tracy locations.
Job Number: 719679