The TSS department consists of a Security Operations Center (SOC) which is the central communications hub of the security systems. The second area consists of field operations which includes the design, installation, maintenance and testing of on-site security hardware.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Exercise a strong business acumen with a proven record of project success utilizing a high level of attention to detail.
- Work very closely with internal Sandia departments to ensure reliable operations are sustained with the security system.
- Lead and manage day-to-day operations (e.g., new installations, modifications, and testing).
- Exercise verbal and written communication skills to support preparing detailed written reports and presentations.
- Self-starter with the ability to work effectively with others (e.g., peers, management, customers, and partners); cultivating new and/or preserving/improving existing relationships.
- Work in a multi-tasked, dynamic work environment.
Please Note: Selected applicants will be required to pass a Job Placement Assessment (JPA) before beginning the job to ensure that they can perform the essential physical requirements, with or without accommodations.
Qualifications We Require
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline plus 5-years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of relevant education and relevant experience.
- Active DOE L-level Security Clearance; or other active security clearance (DOE Q, SCI, DOD Secret, or DOD Top Secret).
Qualifications We Desire
- Knowledge and experience with DOE/NNSA Security directives.
- Experience with physical, technical security systems and system administration with the ability to design, install, maintain, and test.
- Ability to partner with customers and technically direct the efforts of a cross-disciplinary team on large security implementation projects.
- Ability to lead large projects, programs and have and/or earned a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Ability to work independently on assignments which support organizational and Sandia projects, programs, and business operations.
- Experience with problem solving, attention to details, and critical thinking with minimal guidance.
- Presentational skills with results to successfully interact with internal and external customers and suppliers at all levels within an organization.
- Self-motivated and work independently or in a team environment with diverse group dynamics.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Outlook, SharePoint, etc.