Security Specialist - Position Description
The Security Specialist will work with a team of transit and rail and other sector professionals who perform a wide range of duties in the development and implementation of related projects under the supervision and or direction of a senior security manager. The Security Specialist will be responsible for completing assigned security and project related critical assignments, tasks, and other special studies.
Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Performing transit and other sector security tasks and assignments.
- Conducting various risk based analyses and assessments that include asset, threat, vulnerability, consequence and risk components.
- Performing analysis of basic emergency management, contingency, and continuity of operation planning to develop, analyze, and evaluate basic existing or proposed emergency plans or procedures including drills and exercises.
- Performing topic specific research, analyze and assess findings, and prepare reports of critical findings.
- Performing securityaudits of transit and other sector operations, facilities, sites, buildings, yards, and systems.
- Reviewing/updating/developing security program plans, policies and procedures; and, other duties as required.The Security Specialist may also review and provide recommendations regarding physical security and electronic security system protections and procedures, including project security bases of design, design criteria, emergency response plans and procedures, emergency preparedness planning, drills, exercises, and plans. Required skills:
- A valid and current state driver’s license and passport are required with the ability of the successful candidate, when necessary, to travel within North America. Additional travel may be necessary on a project needed basis.
- Education. Successful candidates should have a 2-yeardegree from an accredited university or college.Candidates should have basic knowledge interpreting and implementing the basic theories, principles, and practices of physical and electronic security systems, criminology, and emergency management and the application of measures.
- Preferred demonstrated experience should include:
- At least 5-years demonstrated experience with physical security/law enforcement/force protection/emergency management (civilian and or military).
- Training in the application and practice of physical security/law enforcement/force protection/emergency management systems and programs.
- Conducting/evaluating security and emergency management exercises and drills.
- Experience with MS Office Suite applications, i.e., Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook, and BlueBeam Revue.
Other desirable knowledge and experience should include:
- Ability to meet, communicate, and interview stakeholders and first responders.
- Membership in-good standing with a professional industry recognized society.
- Current security certification(s), e.g., PSP, CPP, SPeD (PSC), others.
- Quality management.
- Developing written reports, interviewing people, performing analyses and assessments, preparing reports of critical findings.
- Interpreting and implementing applicable local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations governing transit security policies.
Past performance for this position may include:
- Agency, consulting, or military work performing security, emergency management, transit, engineering, or other related field experience.