- Executes Black Box PMO standards, processes, and methodologies in a consistent manner for project planning and execution activities including the following fundamentals: initiating, planning, estimating, resourcing, scheduling, and budgeting.
- Partners with Sales and Account Management teams to identify client needs and develops solution options and services to meet those needs in the Physical Security arena.
- Prepares project plans and work breakdown structures in partnership with participating organizations and negotiates agreement with the customer, including identification of work and organizational breakdown structures, requirements creation and management, cost and material estimates, milestone payment schedule, and risk and communication management plans.
- Coordinates the set up of overall project governance (e.g. project org charts; roles & responsibilities, RACI charts, communication / stakeholder management) required for each assigned project.
- Manages execution of project:
- Acts as primary customer contact for project. Clearly articulates design, installation, and operational concepts and solutions to customers and technicians.
- Conducts recurring customer reviews addressing scope, schedules, issues, actions, risks, and customer expectations.
- Works with Procurement to ensure material is delivered on time.
- Develops install SOW and negotiates price with installer (if applicable).
- Manages installation.
- Transitions project to Day 2 support team after project completion.
- Manages project control fundamentals: monitoring and anticipating potential problems; identifying project conflicts; taking corrective action; resolving issues; managing scope, schedule, cost, profit and budget; project reporting, and quality review and assurance.
- Issues and communicates program status to leadership, steering committee, and other stakeholders as appropriate.
- Manages revenue forecasting and tracking for assigned projects.
- Develops new business or expands the product line with the client as applicable.
- Reviews SOWs and pricing tools during pre-sales.
- Assists in proposal development and contract and subcontract negotiations with the sales and legal teams.
- Creates documents and coordinates with the legal team for contracts associated with Master Schedule of Services Agreements, Statements of Work, Software Licensing Agreements, and post-installation support and maintenance.
- Promotes continuous growth of project management practices within the PMO and organization to achieve client and organizational objectives.
- Achieves performance targets established by leadership for applicable Key Performance Indicators.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong project managementexperience and skillset is a must.
- Strong client relationship and project team management skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and motivate others.
- Ability to influence and manage change effectively.
- Ability to meet project timelines and budgets.
- Exceptional written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Outlook, SharePoint, MS Project, PPM tools, ERP, Salesforce.com, workforce management, and cloud based technology systems.
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to plan/organize workloads.Working knowledge of the following concepts:
- Working knowledge around the following key concepts:
- Broad knowledge around large enterprise class physical security solutions
- Key physical security manufactures ( Milestone, Genetec, Hanwha, Axis, etc.) and their relative positioning in the marketplace
- Analog to IP Camera Upgrades - IP cameras and IP network systems that provide faster, better resolution, encryption, remote access, scalability, ease of installation, mass storage options, cost effective
- Safety & Security - Advanced camera features make them ideal for indoor and outdoor surveillance, remote locations and high quality video recording to identify suspicious activity. Includes capturing evidence, access monitoring, on premise identification, remote device monitoring, etc.
- Loss Prevention – Arming business facilities with a video surveillance system is essential to thwarting theft in the workplace and securing evidence in order to minimize business losses.
- License Plate Recognition – Corporations are asking for documentation as well as parking lot gate identification for entry.
- Restrict Access – Limit and control who accesses buildings or rooms at specific times or days
- Audit Trails – Documents access, potential disputes, employee time reporting, inventory control
- Emergency Lock Down – Vital to maintaining safety in emergency situations.
- Employee Protection – Ensures that employees and operational personnel are safe at all times.
- Multi Access Controlling Across Multiple Properties - Limits access to employees who only need to enter one building and allows access to those employees who need to enter all buildings.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant experience - Project Management, Engineering, IT, or business is desired
- PMP desired
- 10 years minimum work experience
- 5+ years’ experience managing a minimum of 5 $750k+ projects.