A major global firm seeks a Physical SecurityEngineering (PSE) Program Manager at the AVP or VP levels. The ideal candidate will have the remit of engineering the physical securitytechnologies at the firm, globally, for its internal physical security department (CSIS).
The purpose is to architect and engineer security products for the company.
The PSE Program Manager will be involved with the following responsibilities:
- To lead the technical product management of one or more physical security products. Incumbent shall be the main point of contact and expect to become the subject matter expert in the product(s).
- Liaising with key stakeholders in both the business and the operational support team to ensure the product life-cycle is properly managed.
- The Physical Security Engineer will be tasked with determining and enforcing the product road map, working closely with relevant vendors to ensure that they continue to match the firm’s vision.
- Evaluate the marketplace for physical security and then to test and eventually certify best of breed product to its standards.
- Where commercial products are not available, it will be required to develop in-house solutions as well as leveraging existing capability from existing solutions. This involves ensuring that the product conforms to all of the firm’s security standards and audit requirements and is integrated into our enterprise management tools.
- 3rd level technical support.
- Writing and publishing designs, test results, best practice, and standards for a global disparate audience, which eventually lead to the certification of products.
- Bachelor’s degree (in science, computers, information technology or engineering) or equivalent work experiencerequired.
- Strong Windows skills with some knowledge of UNIX.
- Ability to package in Windows or UNIX (including Linux).
- Development experience – ability to rapidly take on new languages as necessary.
- Good understanding of IT security and information security principles.
- CISSP or other certifications are desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written required in English.
- The candidate will have the highest possible integrity due to the sensitive nature of the information security role.
- The candidate must have strong technical writing skills and be able to communicate ideas and technical designs clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- The candidate should have excellent communication and influencing skills.
- The candidate must be comfortable in working across geographies due to the global nature of the team.
- Organizational and project management skills required.
- Successful candidate should possess a strong work ethic, good interpersonal and communication skills and a high energy level.
- Ability to independently work with vendors in resolving issues and developing solutions.
- Able to deliver results independently and without constant supervision.
- Experience in building highly available infrastructure.
- Eight years or more experience in an engineering role.
- Should be a self-starter with a high level of initiative.
- Proficient with MS Office – Visio, Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint.
- Some experience in CCTV, Access Control, Intrusion Detection or Fire & Safety systems required.
- Proficient in one or more computer languages.
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly at