This person will perform advanced troubleshooting, programming, scripting and service analysis for the Security Program. This position is high level and requires advanced knowledge of computer systems, networks and program specific user interfaces.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Perform special project assignments from the department Applications Engineering manager and client management.
- Apply all technical training received on specific systems to the client live environment.
- Maintain systems as directed by the Applications Engineering manager and client management.
- Work closely with system manufacturer professional services and help desks as required, to ensure program success.
- Generate various reports as requested by management.
- Ability to work well and cooperate with other team members in a highly sensitive, critical infrastructure environment to facilitate completion of project schedules and tasks.
- Make all adjustments or changes to systems as directed by the Applications Engineering manager and client manager.
- Ensure all activities meet or exceed commitments to the client.
- Develop and maintain a "One Team Approach" in a multiple integrator, highly sensitive critical infrastructure environment.
- Follow all Application Engineering policies and procedures.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of Application Engineering team.
- Engage in a planned program of professional development, coordinated goals and responsibilities and maintain continued growth in professional skills and knowledge essential to the position.
- Keep current with the latest technologies.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The Ideal Candidate:
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
Must have a Bachelor of Science degree and a minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in an applicable field. An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Must possess a valid driver’s license. In addition must have the following skills:
- AMAG certified.
- Milestone certified.
- Agent VI certification preferred
- Understanding of NERC/CIP standards.
- Proficient with software tools such as spreadsheets, Microsoft® Word, project scheduling, and computer aided design.
- Must have excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Must have the ability to train and mentor other employees.
A U.S. Department of Defense secret level clearance will likely be required by the candidate if the department or work location deals with security installation work.
- Knowledge and experience in access control systems including the following: gate control, door control, card readers, central software control, remote sensors, intercom systems, and biometrics.
- Knowledge and experience in intrusion detection systems including the following: passive infrared detectors, microwave detectors, fence sensor systems and video analytics based solutions.
- Knowledge and experience in a wide variety of cameras including the following: analog, digital, thermal, fixed, pan/tilt/zoom, and networked.
- Knowledge and experience in other CCTV systems components including the following: video transmission equipment, network based video solutions, video encoders, video multiplexers, video switchers, analog video recorders, and digital video recorders.
- Knowledge and experience in network systems and IP based systems specifically with video management solutions.
The successful candidate will be able to read, analyze, and interpret engineering and construction drawings and specifications, common scientific and technical journals, financialreports, and other documents. Have the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written English technical language, both in interpreting requirements and providing reports and mentoring.
The successful candidate must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. They must also be able to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit; use hand and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The incumbent is required to walk daily on construction sites in rough terrain, and climb ladders and facilities under construction. The incumbent is occasionally required to stand for long periods of time. The incumbent may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. And occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Job Reference: NY100418PSE