SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for a motivated physical/polymer chemist with expertise in high performance and new polymer materials: high temperature/strength, reinforced, and cross-linked systems. This position requires a detail-oriented person who can work closely with a team of chemists, material scientists, physicists and engineers in designing and testing materials and processes for a variety of polymeric, electronic, and energetic materials.
The position involves applying knowledge of chemistry to perform and evaluate chemical, physical and material testing in support of high performance polymeric materials. This includes performing complex calculations and chemical analyses along with assessments to support design, troubleshooting, and failure analysis of materials. The position requires the candidate to work in the lab to generate data on these materials as well as develop experiments that would simulate and explain the failure. The candidate will work with outside contractors and government personnel by serving as the point person in failure analysis of high performance polymeric materials.
- Responsibilities include research on internally or externally funded programs and providing technical support to Department of Defense (DoD) and non-DoD customers.
- An ability to travel and participate in field operations is important, as are a willingness to learn and flexibility with respect to task assignment.
- The position requires the applicant to be self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with customers, management, and co-workers both orally and in writing are a requirement.
- The successful applicant will be expected to give technical presentations, publish manuscripts in peer-reviewed journals, write internal reports, and prepare research and test proposals.
- The candidate will also need to manage multiple projects and must also explain highly technical information in a very easily understandable manner.
- Ph.D. in physical chemistry, physical organic chemistry, chemical engineering, polymer chemistry, polymer physics or related field with demonstrated experience in the following areas: polymeric materials with structure-property relationships, characterization, and comprehensive working knowledge of analytical instruments.
- 0-1 of industry related experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to effectively convey technical information to non-technical personnel via oral and written forms are essential.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain DoD Secret clearance.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title: MEMBER-TECH STF
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: [[relo]]
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
Requisition ID: 39444