The Physical Design Engineer will work closely with internal interdisciplinary teams to help us build high-performance, power efficient chips for AI applications. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Own and drive execution of blocks from Synthesis, P&R to Timing Signoff, Physical Signoff and Electrical Signoff
- Collaborate closely with Microarchitecture/RTL team to help drive PPA improvements and resolve design issues
- Influence tools, flows and overall RTL to GDS2 physical design methodology with a data driven approach
- Technical lead for junior engineers in the team and drive vendor teams to achieve various milestone goals
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineer or related degree required; advanced degrees (MS, PhD) a plus.
- 10+ years of meaningful industry experience and a background in block/top level physical design of high-speed processors (i.e. Graphics, Microprocessors, Network Processors, or Mobile / Multimedia SOCs)
- Proven track record of implementing designs through synthesis, placement, CTS, Routing, Extraction, Timing and Physical/Electrical Verification
- Good knowledge of employing BKM to handle/optimize DFT structures in PD
- Strong hands on experience in implementing multi-voltage, multi-clock domain designs
- Expert in different CTS methodologies, global and block level clock distribution
- Expert in implementing PD power optimization techniques and have a keen eye to look for power reduction options throughout the PD cycle.
- Strong understanding of timing constraints, timing analysis, power grid design, power analysis (EMIR/di/dt), ECO generation and MCMM STA signoff
- Deep understanding of low power format like UPF/CPF
- Experience in formal equivalency checks, Low Power Rule check and verification.
- Expert in industry standard EDA tools like Cadence Genus/Innovus/Tempus, Synopsys Fusion Compiler/ICC2/Primetime, Ansys Redhawk, Joules/PTPX
- Strong Automation skills using scripting languages like TCL, Python, Perl etc.
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Good written and oral communication skills; strong technical documentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills; a history of mentoring junior engineers and interns a huge plus
- Highly self-motivated and directed; self-confidence and self-starter
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment