Description of Position:
- The Software Developer develops and configures systems specifications that address business requirements, processes, and that fit within architecture standards.
- Being Involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards.
- Evaluating interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall system.
- Establishing and documenting system parameters and formats, ensures hardware and software systems compatibility, and coordinates and/or modifies system parameters in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities.
- Revises existing systems and tests functionality of the system to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, data integrity, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
- May document testing and maintenance of system updates, modifications, and configurations.
- May act as a liaison with other business functions
Education and Experience Required:
- Successful candidate must be able communicate with systems analysts, engineers and programmers to get information on project limitations, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced, highly visible environment with the ability to work across branch and organizational lines.
- One of the following DoD approved certifications is necessary to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position:
- GSEC, SSCP,
- CISSP (or Associate),
- GCIH, or
- Required Education & Experience:
- Associates + 16years’ experience OR
- Bachelors + 14 years’ experience OR
- Masters + 12years’ experience OR
- Doctorate + 8yearexperience.