Photonics Test Engineer
- Job Number: 113037400
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: Sep. 16, 2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
Apple's Exploratory Design Group is looking for a Photonics Test Engineer to actively participate to the testing of integrated photonics. This person will be responsible of the testing of the new photonics structures, from the setup implementation to the characterization and the data analysis. This person will play also an important role helping integrating the learnings and designing next generation photonics structures.
- Solid background with Opto-Electronics
- Good Programming skills, e.g. Matlab, Python
- Good understanding of semiconductor sources
- Experience with electrical transport/optical gain modeling in semiconductor structures is welcomed, Crosslight, Next Nano, Comsol
- Understanding of CMOS fabrication is welcomed
- Design, implement and maintain the setups for optical tests. - Responsible of the design and implementation of the testing procedure for the new sources. - Participate to the data analysis and necessary statistical analysis for performance assessment. - Ability to use scientific theory and published data to develop new photonics structures to meet specific performance requirements. - Electrical transport and optical modeling of photonics structures. - Scientific reporting of the full process.
Master in EE/physics with optics background (3+ years of experience) or PhD in optics, physics or electricalengineering