When it fits, you feel it. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest apparel and home furnishing retailers, and we're dedicated to fitting the diversity of America with unparalleled style and value. Working at JCPenney gives you the opportunity to help create meaningful experiences for the millions who shop at approximately 1,100 stores and jcpenney.com. We believe in quality that can be felt, fabrics that your skin loves, colors that go with you, and sizes and prices that fit the entire family. We're looking for motivated, talented individuals who can emerge as Warriors in our organization. Find your fit at JCPenney.
The Photo Studio Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations for the Photo Studio including equipment, set standards and staff resources. Supports the company’s retail advertising, visual merchandising and communication needs.
- Oversees all day to day activates and resources in the photo studio.
- Coordinates with Photo Production to ensure studio is shoot ready at all times.
- Ensures studio teams are appropriately resourced to deliver against business and operational objectives
- Provides industry expertise and builds plans to differentiate the imaging experience for customers
- Provides leadership, mentoring, training, development and performance management to Operational and Creative leaders
- Describes the strategic importance of the department’s vision inside and outside of team
- Develops and communicates a department vision that supports the broader organization vision
- Support the Director Photo Operations & Production in building and reporting key metrics and a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Maintains strict operating costs, identifies cost savings and contributes to operating profit.
- Manges and oversees all studio operating expenses.
- Works to achieve high productivity and quality in photography by continuing to streamline workflow to support marketing initiatives and projects.
- Creates workflows and procedures for all studio teams and key stakeholders. Consistently looking for new ways of improving processes and creating efficiencies.
- Lead and develop a team of staff photographers. Ensures Photography team meets or exceeds JCP brand standards.
- Collaborates with peers, retail teams and other support functions to identify and implement improvements to the Imaging creation process
- Champions ways to leverage technology to improve the customer experience at scale
- Collaborates with Photo Production & Operations Director to maintain a high level of awareness of the organization and objectives of client departments, including business strategy and future planning in order to meet advertising, marketing, and communications needs.
Core Capabilities & Accomplishments:
- Bachelors Degree in Photography, Communication Arts or related field.
- 5-7 years experience in a commercial studio with strong studio business and operations experience.
- Professional experience in a high volume, high production operations environment
- Proficient creating and analyzing operational performance metrics
- Experience managing a team/function
- Retail/Ecommerce categoryexperience a plus.
- Mac OS user with basic terminal/UNIX commands and IT troubleshooting a strong plus.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to provide clear direction and set priorities for studio operations.
- Must be a self starter, easily adaptable and flexible