Phone Accessories Validation Engineer, Consumer Hardware
Google's custom-designed machines make up one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. The Hardware Testing Engineering team ensures that this cutting-edge equipment is reliable. In the R&D lab, you design test equipment for prototypes of our machinery and develop the protocols used to scale these tests for the entire global team. Working closely with design engineers, you give input on designs to improve our hardware until you're sure it meets Google's standards of quality and reliability.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Only one thing consistently stands in the way between our users and the world's information - hardware. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Drive system level validation of the accessory with the phone, and other Google products such as in-box and 3rd party audio and charging accessories. Collaborate with technology engineers and CM test team on transitioning product to volume production.
- Work with engineering development team on accessories bring up, and system design validation.
- Support the team in debug, troubleshooting, and failure analysis investigation.
- Find test solutions to take on new challenges in system integration validation.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of industry experience or equivalent.
- Experience with battery charging, AC/DC, RF callbox, audio performance and accessories safety. Experience with regulatory requirements: EMC, ESD, radiated susceptibility.
- Experience with handheld device system validation and test methodology development, lab equipment .
- Master's degree in a related field.
- 5 years of relevant work experience in engineering test, validation and leadership role.
- Experience with wall charger, audio headset development.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: phone integration, cellular RF, USBc, wireless charging, audio EE or acoustic validation.
- Team player with strong prioritization, multitasking, problem-solving and organizational skills.