Planned Parenthood of South, East and North Florida (PPSENFL) believes that reproductive self-determination and the right to privacy are core human freedoms. Our mission is to provide comprehensive sexual health care through the provision of education, advocacy and clinical services that are affordable, accessible and available to all women, men and youth in the community, regardless of the individual's income, race, marital status, religion, sexual orientation or residence.
If you love the idea of making an impact on the community with a strong mission oriented organization, we want to hear from you! You will be an integral part of our culture which fosters a commitment to our workplace values: respect, caring, support, teamwork, collaboration, accountability and responsibility.
POSITION GOAL: The Philanthropy Advisor (PA)works closely with the Chief Development Officer (CDO) and the Director of Development Operations and Services to develop and implement strategy for individual major gift donor relationship management to meet short- and long-term goals of the affiliate. The primary objective of the PA is to develop long-term relationships built on a firm understanding of donors’ interests, passions and values.
Relationship Management and Solicitations
· Create, integrate and implement short, intermediate and long-term individual major gifts and strategies.
· Act as primary relationship manager for individual prospects of $10K or more/year to reach or exceed annual funding goals.
· Define strategy to cultivate and solicit major gifts from current mid-level donors.
· Play lead role in soliciting and closing major gifts.
· Develop planned giving program, cultivate and expand current planned gifts and integrate program into the major donor fundraising plan.
· Monitor weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual activity to achieve major gift revenue goals, collaborating with Database Analyst to develop fundraising reports and metrics as needed.
Cultivation and Stewardship
· Plan and implement cultivation and stewardship events and activities (volunteer experiences, health center tours, receptions, dinners).
· Assist with review and verification of major gift donor recognition lists (i.e., annual fund, campaigns, etc.).
· Execute major gift donor materials, including briefing memos, funding proposals and reports, and regular, personalized donor communications.
· Track and report relationship management activity using Raiser’s Edge (i.e. identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship) of prospective and current donors.
· Recommend, develop and build strategies for obtaining private donations; identify, cultivate and solicit mid-level gift prospects; work with staff, board and volunteers as appropriate; meet with prospects and volunteers, traveling as necessary.
· Participate in systematic efforts to identify, solicit, steward, maintain and upgrade annual giving donors.
· With CDO, assist in the strategic planning for communication activities that support relationships between the affiliate and its external constituents, such as Board of Directors, donors, and friends which support private giving to PPSENFL.
· Assist in facilitating relationships of key staff and board members, including the CEO/President, with prospects and volunteers; assist staff in the recognition and prioritization of departmental funding needs and campaigns; keep abreast of affiliate priorities, PPSENFL programs, personalities and events.
· Experience with Blackbaud’s The Raiser’s Edge (fundraising database software) preferred.
· Communicate with donors on a timely and regular basis.
· Ensure that development activities in all areas are congruent with the mission.
· Promote an organizational culture that embraces the affiliate’s workplace values of respect, caring, support, effective communication, teamwork, collaboration, accountability and responsibility; and work with staff to create and maintain a workplace environment reflective of those values.
· Perform other various duties or special projects as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
Bachelor’s Degree from accredited four-year college or university. Must have a min. of 6+ years fundraising experience in an environment where development is a strategic partner with the CEO, Board of Directors and other senior management. Exceptional leadership, interpersonal and communication skills required.