Philanthropic Alliance Analyst
Harvard Medical School
358057 Admin Pro/Indiv Contrib
Duties & Responsibilities
The Wyss Institute seeks a talented energetic professional to join our business development community as Philanthropic Alliances Analyst. The Analyst will work closely with the Executive Leadership, the Business Development Team and Wyss Faculty with the goal to identify a wide range of prospects who share a common mission with the Wyss Institute. In this position, the successful applicant will conduct timely strategic research in support of alliance development with venture firms, foundations, corporations or individuals who have strong interests that are aligned with important Wyss Initiatives in the area of healthcare and global sustainability. The Analyst effectively identifies interested parties for potential alliances with the Wyss Institute, establishes contacts, facilitates discussions, and acts as an internal and external ambassador for the Institute.
The successful candidate will report to the Wyss Institute's Director, Alliance Development. This newly created analyst position is an exciting opportunity to combine philanthropic fundraising expertise with business and alliance development within the context of the highly innovative technologies and the important mission of the Wyss.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Uses advanced research skills to collect, evaluate, analyze, qualify, organize, package and disseminate information in a way that maximizes its usefulness and enables accurate and educated decision-making in the drafting of alliance development strategies.
- Researches, screens and analyzes current and prospective individual, corporate, and foundation alliances to determine philanthropic propensity, shared interests and affiliation.
- Maintains, merges and generates reports from data generated and retained in multiple databases.
- Develops a standardized and comprehensive alliance prospect report inclusive of individual, corporate, venture and foundation contacts to be shared on a regular basis.
- Identifies funding opportunities through private foundations and coordinates timely proposal development with the grant writing team.
- Facilitates in-person meetings for the Executive Leadership and Business Development Teams, and/or appropriate staff with individual prospects and corporate/foundation contacts.
- Manages, implements and documents best research practices for the department, including the use of resources and the tracking of prospects in the database.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field, Advanced degree may count towards years of experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in nonprofit /fundraising /development with significant experience in prospect research.
- Masters Degree Preferred
- Previous experience working in Healthcare and/or Biomedical industry preferred
- Prior experience with data analytics, data mining/modeling, preferably in a department that utilizes and emphasizes prospect management is desired.
- High proficiency and advanced skills with online search methods, as well as online and published prospect research tools including LexisNexis, Guidestar, Donor Search, Foundation Directory, and others.
- Highly effective written and oral communications skills; proficient at meeting facilitation