Pharmacy Supervisor | Supply Chain
Coordinates and supervises activities of assigned pharmacy personnel within the pharmacy supply chain and Wilmington hospital pharmacy operations, with the goal of providing efficient, timely, accurate pharmacy services; works under the general direction of the Director, Pharmacy Supply Chain and Automation. Performs other functions as required, including assumption of other supervisor’s or Director’s duties in their absence. This supervisor is an experienced hospital pharmacist.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises activities of pharmacists and technicians to assure expected level of services
- Assures the proper maintenance and functioning of pharmacy supply chain and Wilmington hospital satellite operations
- Identifies and tracks metrics reflective of the quality of pharmacy services
- Responsible for the performance management and evaluation process of assigned personnel
- Provides feedback to staff in a constructive and respectful manner
- Participates in the development and review/modification of polices and/or procedures
- Demonstrates a Culture of Responsibility (CoR) during eventinvestigation, conversations with personnel and proactive identification/resolution of risky behavior
- Effectively leads changes to pharmacy processes/procedures
- Participates on Pharmacy management team in planning and service coordination
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with key departmental customers to foster effective communication, problem-solving, and planning.
- Represents the department on inter-departmental and system level projects/initiatives, as assigned
- Participates in the selection and hiring of staff and coordinates their orientation and training
- Conducts interpersonal matters with others in a cooperative and tactful manner
- Completes projects in a timely manner
- Manages time efficiently
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices. Addresses and/or reports to Director/VP, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Responsible for compliance with Joint Commission and other regulatory standards as they apply to assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Work with the supply chain team to develop strategies to mitigate drug shortages
- Responsible for managing various databases associated with the supply chain to include Connect-Rx, McKesson Connect, RxTransparent, and Rx Optimization
- Work with the supply chain team with the procurement, distribution and accountability of controlled substances.
- Perform narcotic audit functions in support of the Controlled Substances Accountability Committee
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President, Pharmacy Services or Directors
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of B.S. in Pharmacy required, Doctor of Pharmacy degreepreferred
- ASHP accredited residency preferred
- Current State of Delaware pharmacist licensure
- Minimum three years hospital pharmacy experience (residency training counts toward minimum)
- Supervisory experiencepreferred