Job ID 1813739
Date posted 07/26/2018
The Pharmacy Supervisor is responsible for supervision of the daily work flow of pharmacy operations and activities to ensure efficient, effective, and accurate levels of operation as well as assuring compliance to established policies and procedures, laws, and regulations. Responsibilities also include training, staff scheduling, input for personnel performance assessment, and staff development. The incumbent serves as a clinical pharmacist and carries out the dispensing and clinical functions of that job description. Functions as a drug specialist and therapy consultant in promoting optimum medication use in patient care areas whose client base includes patients of all ages. Compounds, packages, labels, and dispenses drugs and intravenous admixture solutions; reviews and confirms accuracy of work performed by technical and pharmacy intern support personnel; reviews prescribed drug therapy for appropriateness, effectiveness, and safety based on specific data such as age of patient, disease state, and clinical status. Performs quality assurance, drug use evaluation, and adverse reactions reporting activities; participates in the application of all clinical services.Serving the greater Stanislaus County with 423 plus acute care beds, Memorial Medical Center provides a full continuum of care including 24-hour emergency care, inpatient and outpatient surgery, obstetrics, pediatrics, nuclear medicine, dialysis therapy, diagnostic imaging, intensive care, physical therapy, and home health. Specialized care includes Memorial Regional Cancer Center and Memorial Heart Institute.
- Graduate of an accredited school of pharmacy and licensed to practice in the State of California.
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree or B.S. in pharmacy with equivalent experience.
- One (1) year of experience as a hospital pharmacist.
- Can demonstrate knowledge of supervisory skills and abilities.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office computer software to accurately enter, extract and manipulate data, create and use spreadsheets, compose memos and reports, send and receive email.
- Ability to read, write, hear and verbally communicate in English to the degreerequired to perform the job.
- Must be able to travel in and out of Stanislaus County, including transcontinental travel. If MMC and/or own vehicle used on hospital business, must possess valid California Driver's License and upon request proof of liability insurance.
- Previous supervisory experience in a hospital pharmacy.
- Residency in hospital pharmacy.
- Previous experience with a dedicated pharmacy computer system.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal/written interpersonal communication skills.
Primary Location: California, Central Valley, Modesto
Organization: Memorial Medical Center, Modesto
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Variable
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80