Description: Receive training in a variety of pharmacy practice settings to meet the educational outcomes and goals set by the American Society of Hospital Pharmacists (ASHP). To develop competence, skills, and application of drug therapy knowledge in providing the broad scope of pharmaceutical services needed in a practice setting.
- Train in the required pharmacy practice settings for a specified number of weeks as set by the Program to meet the core objectives of the program.
- Elect training in other pharmacy practice settings as offered by the Program.
- Develop and implement a longitudinal residency project under the guidance of Residency Director, Coordinator, Preceptors, or Project Advisors.
- Present findings of project at the Western States Regional Residency Conference.
- Complete additional projects and activities as required.
- Attend Professional and Educational Meetings/Conferences Complete twelve (12) months of training program to meet the program goals as well as the educational outcomes set by ASHP/AMCP prior to receiving certificate of completion.
- Graduate of an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)-accredited (or ACPE candidate status) Doctor of Pharmacy degree program.
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensed Required: Current California Pharmacist Intern License must be obtained by start of program.
- Must have a California Pharmacist License by October 1st.
- PGY1 Residents who have not obtained a California Pharmacist license by October 1st are subject to suspension until license is obtained. If license is not obtained b December 15th, employment will be subject to termination.
- Must participate in and adhere to the rules of the Resident Matching Program (RMP) process.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Job Number: 654744