Responsible for directly managing staff in the planning, coordination, implementation and maintenance of diverse projects. Focuses on meeting project commitments, including communications with sponsors, stakeholders, etc.
Detailed Job Description Summary:
Manages pharmacy projects, primarily the end-to-end process of developing pharmacy business proposals. This includes working across functional areas (underwriting, marketing, the PBM) to ensure successful and timely completion of RFPs and quotes. Also, responsible for implementation and ongoing maintenance/oversight of Pharmacy Management programs. Serves as subject matter expert on pharmacy programs/projects and operational processes required to facilitate implementation and ongoing program activities.
- Manages all activities of Pharmacy Management proposal development projects and pricing quotes. Responsible for developing process/work flows,, vetting proposal requirements, writing proposal responses, as well as coordinating contributions from various stakeholders (including management and subject matter experts), and ensuring deliverables are completed accurately and timely. Establishes teams across the organization and our PBM partner to develop winning proposals and demonstrate the value of an integrated medical and pharmacy offering.
- Responsible for implementation and ongoing Pharmacy Management program maintenance/oversight. Identifies business requirements to implement Pharmacy Management programs. Serves as subject matter expert on Pharmacy Management programs and operational processes required to facilitate implementation and ongoing program activities. Ensures development of standard operating procedures, reporting mechanisms and a repository of relevant program materials to support ongoing program activities.
- Maintains effective communication with stakeholders during all phases of projects and programs. Develops and delivers presentations in support of pharmacy implementations and clinical program information, to internal and external audiences.
- Assists in pharmacy program and project management, as assigned by area management.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Healthcare-related fields
Required Work Experience:
- Five years of related project management or operations experience.
- Two years of team leadership/supervisory experience OR
- Two years of equivalent military experience in grade E4 or above
Preferred Work Experience:
- Experience in healthcare or health insurance industry
- Experience in program management and proposal writing (health and/or pharmacy preferred)
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent and effective communication and management skills
- Strong knowledge of business process engineering methodology – will minimize this
- Ability to communicate complex information with understanding to a variety of audiences who have different levels of experience and knowledge
- Advanced analytical and decision-making skills
- Thorough understanding of project management phases, techniques and tools – will minimize this
- Ability to recognize problems or situations that are new or without clear precedent and offer solutions
Required Software and Other Tools:
- Typical office environment.