You Will Be Responsible For:
- In depth understanding of pharmacy's services and is able to articulate to staff to ensure pharmacy processes are followed appropriately.
- Understands thoroughly the AHS prescription plan and communicates with staff and physician office any questions regarding formulary and prior authorization processes.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient, employee relations, medical staff, departmental and administrative information.
- Supports departmental and organizational Mission through appropriate use of resources, providing assistance to team members and management, accepting work or scheduled assignments and acts as a role model to the team to provide suggestions and creative ideas for performance improvement.
- Monitors the Surescript Approval, Denial, and exceptions (F-9 Queue) on a daily basis to ensure timely prescription processing.
- Enters new prescription orders assuring that all information is correct including proper patient, drug, medication directions, refills, and physician are selected at order entry.
- Communicates the daily processing goal to appropriate team members and monitors the production queues to ensure stated goals are met.
- Develops, facilitates and monitors training of all new processing technician employees and plays an active role in maintaining competency of said staff.
What You Will Need:
- Minimum AA/AS degree required or previous supervisory experience of (2) years in the area of mail-order, hospital or retail pharmacy.
- 5 years retail or mail-order technician experience.
- A current Florida Board of Pharmacy Technician Registration, RPT; must complete state required continuing education requirement for registration.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency skill set in MS Office: Word, Excel and Outlook.
The Processing Supervisor is responsible for a wide range of supportive duties to assist the Pharmacist in the processing and adjudicating of prescriptions. This position coordinates the day-to-day activities of a team of processing technician staff and monitors all processing and productivity standards. This position oversees the intake process to ensure service standards are met and patients receive consistent care. This position hires, trains and supervises members of the processing team and is required to understand all pharmacy processes and positions excluding Pharmacist's duties. Works only under the supervision of a registered Pharmacist and does not perform duties that can only be legally performed by a registered Pharmacist.