Pharmacy Operations Specialist : Ambulatory ( Outpatient ) Pharmacy
Less than 5 years experience • Medical Devices & Diagnostics
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Licensure Required
General Description and Goals
This specialist is a member of the Department of Pharmacy with a primary focus of providing comprehensive pharmacy services, both specialty and non-specialty, for our ambulatory (outpatient) patients.
Under the direction of the Director of Ambulatory Pharmacy, provides supervision and direction to subordinate pharmacist and non-pharmacist employees at the Outpatient/Specialty Pharmacy. Ensures compliance with Federal and State laws and regulations, policies, and procedures. Responsible for day-to-day operations of assigned work area(s)/functions(s)/services(s). Performs the duties of all subordinate employees and other duties as required.
•Assists the Director and Manager of Ambulatory Pharmacy with the development and implementation of pharmacy strategic initiatives.
• Responsible for the supervision of day-to-day services/activities/functions, including drug distribution/dispensing, drug education, pharmacist clinical activities, retail business expansion, inventory management, performance measurements, regulatory compliance, employee development and multi-disciplinary team development, for the outpatient pharmacy department.
• Supervises departmental personnel and operational practices to ensure compliance with Federal and State laws and regulations, T.J.C., O.S.H.A., DPH, and departmental policies & procedures.
• Collaborates with the Inpatient Pharmacy and clinic departments to provide continuity of care and compliance with applicable Federal and State laws and regulations governing hospitals.
• Sphere of influence includes Pharmacy Staff, Providers, and other members of the Pharmacy Management Team.
• Provides personnel management activities (e.g. recruits, hires, trains and evaluates, and/or terminates subordinate personnel).
• Works with Human Resources in handling employee grievances.
• Completes/administers performance evaluations and ensures adherence to departmental plan for completion of performance evaluations.
• Responsible for the preparation and assignment of department staff's work schedules and assignments.
• Makes staffing and scheduling adjustments to meet volume/workload demands.
• Provides regular communication and feedback to the staff.
• Assists the Director and Manager to monitor personnel utilization in accordance with operating budget.
• Responsible to prepare and monitor financial parameters and to operate within budgetary targets.
• Participates in designing, implementing and evaluating systems, processes and methods designed to enhance quality, improve service, and enhance cost effectiveness.
• Provides resolution to service complaints by patients, health care professionals, department heads, and employees.
• Administers organizational and department policies and procedures on a day-to-day basis.
• Performs the duties of all subordinate employees and other duties as required.
The successful candidate must be a graduate of an accredited college or university with a BS in Pharmacy or a PharmD degree. The ideal candidate has a Doctor of Pharmacy degree, and has two to three years of related practice experience. Retail and/or specialty pharmacy experience and an understanding of the federal 340B program are desirable.