When you have made the decision to make pharmacy your life’s work, perhaps you didn’t plan to also make it your life. We know you need to balance work and leisure, so we offer our pharmacists regular work schedules, most major holidays off, and the work environment that allows you the opportunity to be more than a pharmacist, but also a friend to your patients. At Kmart, you will receive outstanding day one healthcare benefits, a competitive salary and excellent personal and professional growth potential.
Kmart Pharmacy is committed to improving the health of our patients and demonstrates this through delivery of face-to-face and phone consultations with our patients in an effort to reduce the risk of adverse events and optimize therapeutic outcomes. Our pharmacists are trained in Medication Therapy Management (MTM) services in order to further enhance our patients lives and therapeutic outcomes. Patients can participate in our Pharmacy Rewards, Specialty Drug and Prescription Savings Programs. Our pharmacists are trained to administer, manage and recommend many CDC recommended immunizations and vaccinations.
The more we know, the better we can help our patients! As one of the larger pharmacy chains nationwide, withlocations in 45 states, plus Guam, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, our pharmacy career track is designed foracceleration. Motivated pharmacists with the skills and the desire can advance to Pharmacy District Manager and on to corporate pharmacy management. When you blend our opportunity with your knowledge, your career potential is unlimited.
- Oversees operations of the Pharmacy Department including pharmacy technicians, customer service, profitability, investment control and compliance with federal, state and local, laws, regulations and Company policy and procedures.
- Manages Staff Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians, Pharmacy Grad Interns and Pharmacy Interns.
- Provide patient-centered care, including counseling on prescription and non-prescription pharmaceuticals, medication therapy management, immunizations, and provider collaboration.
- Provide a WOW member experience by surprising and delighting our customers every day.
- Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy, Doctoral degree (PharmD) or equivalent in Pharmacy
- Current valid license to practice pharmacy in state of employment
- Immunization Certification
- Experience with Medication Therapy Management (MTM) Services – Mirixa and Outcomes MTM (preferred)
- Multitasking and time management skills coupled with being able to prioritize tasks
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) to communicate with patients and other health care professionals
- Analytical ability to interpret information and recommend solutions
- Qualified to participate in federal health care programs, including but not limited to Medicare and Medicaid.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Pharmacy District Manager.
- Repetitive standing, bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting, stretching and reaching.
Req/Job ID: 916895BR