Are you looking for more out of your pharmacy career? Do you want to work with a pharmacy operations team that is interested in your development and the patient experience as well as the success of our business? Raley’s pharmacy is currently seeking pharmacy team leaders who can guide a team of pharmacists and technicians to make a difference in our community. As a pharmacy team leader (Pharmacist in charge), you will have a unique opportunity to lead your staff to provide excellent customer service, participate in clinical programs, as well as fulfilling business goals. With generous staffing and whole-store support, you will learn the Raley’s Way of leadership and contribute your talent to the success of your assigned unit.
- Be a valuable part of a family-owned company who has been infusing customers’ lives with health and happiness for the past 80 years.
- Apply and enhance your clinical skills in immunizations, MTM, and travel health (at selected locations).
- Practice with generous staffing, including overlapping pharmacist shifts at most locations.
- Participate in company-sponsored medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Participate in 401K plan with company’s matching and life insurance.
- Receive time-off and be paid for major holidays.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Oversees the store location pharmacy operation including the planning and execution required to meet the business objectives of the pharmacy department.
- Responsible for the operation of assigned Pharmacy which includes attaining results in the areas of exceptional customer service, sales, gross margin improvements, inventory purchasing, management, expense control, staff development and issues.
- Ensures location compliance to all local, state, federal laws, and company policies and procedures.
- Ensures all record keeping and storage requirements of local, state and federal laws are met for assigned location.
- Ensures all staffing needs are met including participation in the hiring of pharmacists and technicians.
- Ensures continual evaluations, training and development of retail pharmacy staff including future pharmacy manager candidates.
- Ensures that pharmacy staff understands and complies with Pharmacy and Company Policy & Procedure.
Active role in managing and delivering the Pharmacy Care program, including immunizations, injections and testing.
- Timely successful completion of APHA immunization training or its equivalent and other programs as required.
- Monitors patients to insure therapeutic outcomes and minimize adverse drug effects.
- Consults patients in a professional manner to ensure patient understanding of drug therapy plans and outcomes.
In conjunction with senior leadership, participates in developing and implementing store programs to meet sales objectives and increase prescription volume.
- Provides the Pharmacy Supervisor and Store Director updates on Pharmacy operations.
- Achieve overall compliance to labor model.
- Confront complex pharmacy operational issues with situation specific business solutions.
- Key role in developing open communications between store staff and pharmacy group so as to improve morale, awareness of company programs, and support of Company objectives.
Performs all duties of Staff Pharmacists related to the preparation, dispensing and sale of prescription and pharmacy related products.
- Provides superior customer service combined with efficiency in processing scripts.
- Oversees team members in the areas of sales focus, customer service and stewardship.
- Maintains a professional attitude and image; leads by professional example.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Degree in Pharmacy required (B.S. or PharmD).
Licensed pharmacist in state where working.
- Knowledge of laws governing OTC drugs, pharmacy products and third party plans.
- Knowledge Pharmacy Policy & Procedure Procedures.
- Knowledge of financialreports and their use.
- Highdegree of initiative and accuracy.
- Self-motivated with the ability to complete work with a minimum of supervision under rigid time constraints.
- Customer relations skills including meeting customer needs and establishing an exceptional service environment.
- Demonstrates sound business ethics.
- Working knowledge of computer skills including Microsoft office, Access, Excel, and Word
- Detail oriented with ability to prioritize work.
- Interpersonal skills including building relationships and conflict resolution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capability to effectively understand customers and employees’ inquiries.
- Ability to work different schedules to meet store and customer needs.
- Must have State-issued license for Pharmacist in state where working.
- Immunization Certificate as required.