Health is everything. At CVS Health, colleagues are committed to increasing access, lowering costs and improving quality of care. Millions of times a day, we help people on their path to better health –from advising on prescriptions to helping manage chronic and specialty conditions.
As Pharmacy Manager, you have one of the most significant roles in our company – delivering our purpose, modeling our values, and demonstrating genuine, authentic care for our patients.
In addition to leading and directing your Pharmacy Staff, comprised of both staff Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians, you are accountable for the management, oversight and operation of all aspects within your pharmacy.
• Patient Safety
• Pharmacy Professional Practice
• Regulatory Requirements
• Quality Assurance
• Customer Service
• Personnel Management
• Inventory Management
• Financial Profitability
• Loss Prevention
• Workflow Management
A key component of the Pharmacy Manager role is keeping your customers and patients healthy through adoption and management of patient care programs. Additionally, you will:
• Lead with Heart – display empathy and compassion for your patients, customers, caregivers and colleagues on your team
• Motivate, inspire and develop your Pharmacy Support Staff by balancing assignments that maximize colleagues’ strengths, address development opportunities and decrease knowledge gaps
• Identify critical business opportunities and meaningful solutions to drive growth and improve performance in your pharmacy
• Successfully implement those solutions by leading your team to achieve specified goals
• Adapt to change and adjust plans to thrive in a dynamic community healthcare setting
• Seek new ways to grow, collaborate with others and deliver better outcomes
• Align others around purpose to gain support and commitment
• Facilitate a ‘team’ culture that promotes caring, energy, enthusiasm and pride
• Apply acquired knowledge to help drive healthy outcomes and differentiate CVS from competitors
*The above represents a summary of the functions of a Pharmacy Manager. Additional functions and physical requirements are available on the full job description.
• Active Pharmacy License in the state in which you are employed
• Not on the DEA Excluded Parties List
• Immunization Certification through an accredited organization (i.e. APhA)*
• Listed on the pharmacy state license as the ‘pharmacist in charge’
• Submission of required information/documents to your state PMP administrator to register for PMP access (in states with active PMP for pharmacist use).
Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Pharm. D. degree.
Job ID: 712319BR.